Previous topic - Next topic

vovik

Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

AKillerCoconut

I wanted to let you know I'm still enjoying this mod. I just researched electricity and am changing all my production over to electric. I haven't run into any more problems besides i still cant place clay pit anywhere. I've tried mud beside a pond, regular ground beside pond and river and nothing seems to work. Not super important as I've been mostly building with wood and stone anyways, just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
  I would definitely recommend playing this with Tech Advancing mod unless you are planning on just staying in medieval or neolithic, or if you just enjoy the torment of researching everything for days on end
  Anyways I really just wanted to post to say thanks for the work you've put into this mod and remind you that people do appreciate these things. Same to all modders out there (I see you in here Hydromancer) 8) I know you've got big plans for this, just don't forget to take some time and just have fun on the game, not turn it into a job that you get burnt out on

Edit: Nevermind about the clay pit. I updated and it works now. Idk if I just didnt update it last time but the update before this latest one fixed the medieval cot problem I was having but not the pit. Maybe I messed something up with that update cause this one fixed it. Thanks!

vovik

Quote from: AKillerCoconut on March 09, 2020, 03:26:39 PM
Edit: Nevermind about the clay pit. I updated and it works now. Idk if I just didnt update it last time but the update before this latest one fixed the medieval cot problem I was having but not the pit. Maybe I messed something up with that update cause this one fixed it. Thanks!
Well, i fixed its placing several times - i missed code of fixing it several times. Its was a problem with two rim versions so i accidentally missed code. For the time being its fixed with help of directory junctions.
It is not my job, i am just bored af and doing something properly helps it.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Quote from: AKillerCoconut on March 09, 2020, 03:26:39 PM
(I see you in here Hydromancer)
*tips hat*
i wondered who would recognize me in this modding community.

CyberianK

Quote from: vovik on March 09, 2020, 03:06:56 PM
Ok, i will look into it
I am playing a game for a few hours even with the error and everything appears toi be fine so I guess its not important. Probably only something with strawberries and some bulk recipe not working.

Cl3arSky

is it normal that i don't get the door after starting a fresh game? neither research bench

AKillerCoconut

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 09, 2020, 06:46:37 PM
*tips hat*
i wondered who would recognize me in this modding community.
I recognize you from project zomboid forum, haven't played that game in a few years but I recognized your name. Hydrocraft was a huge mod in that community.  ;D

Sorry for off topic post, Vovik. And I wasnt trying to offend or anything about it being like a job, I know you've got big plans for this mod, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it grows. Cheers!

CyberianK

Quote from: Cl3arSky on March 10, 2020, 05:53:39 AM
is it normal that i don't get the door after starting a fresh game? neither research bench
You get a "thinking spot" in EarlyTimes (change from original Medieval Times). That's the most basic (tier 0) research you can research basic research bench with that later. Same as for stonecutting for example you also get a spot before you get a real workbench.
Door is strange I had wooden doors available but maybe its my Doors Expanded mod no idea if you get door if you just use this mod.

vovik

Quote from: Cl3arSky on March 10, 2020, 05:53:39 AM
You need toresearch shelter. Otherwise find a cave or dig a cave. Also you get thinking spot. If you put several thinking spots in one place research speed increases - increased space for drawing formulas and making scribbles on ground, etc.

Quote from: CyberianK on March 10, 2020, 07:50:01 AM
Door is strange I had wooden doors available but maybe its my Doors Expanded mod no idea if you get door if you just use this mod.
Well, some research comes pre-installed, depending on scenario. Also most probably because of doors - i am yet to make compat patch with it.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

@vovik

I started a thread in the story section to show you how I have been playing my own personal games. These rules are self imposed as opposed to a mod. Might help you with this mod.

Caveman to Cosmos Self Imposed Rules
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51032.0

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 10, 2020, 04:30:10 PM
@vovik

I started a thread in the story section to show you how I have been playing my own personal games. These rules are self imposed as opposed to a mod. Might help you with this mod.

Caveman to Cosmos Self Imposed Rules
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51032.0
I actually almost forgot about medicine related stuff...
Everything else will be like you stated there (more or less accurate)
This is not like im going to follow all stuff that link, its how it will be and how was planned.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Of course not. You do things the way you planned. i am just sharing for you or anyone else who wants to try my style of play. Your mod just makes it easier for me to play that way. In short great job!

Rudo

I can upload to steam and just keep it updated when you make changes here if you want. So you don't have to buy another copy

vovik

Quote from: Rudo on March 12, 2020, 08:47:51 PM
I can upload to steam and just keep it updated when you make changes here if you want. So you don't have to buy another copy
that willbe perfect
Mein Herz brennt

CyberianK

The Stone Quarry can only give a single type of stone right? In my map only Granite everywhere.
Thought in original Medieval Times it was multiples types. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Can't remember medieval raiders having Advanced Mortars and Artillery in the old Medieval Times:

I thought they always did not have any shells or so.