Royalty Expansion

Started by Kori, February 24, 2020, 06:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

I'll be honest: You could release a DLC that adds nothing but penguin sounds to the main menu and I'd still buy it at full price.

But this expansion, it is amazing! All the new features, a unique quest system, titles and psychic powers, shuttles and even new music... I love all of it!!
I really appreciate your perfectionism, it's almost a guarantee that the DLC content is the same high-class quality as the basegame. That's the reason why you've earned the well-deserved trust of so many Rimworlders!

Thank you to everyone who was involved in the development of this expansion, for bringing new original content to an already fabulous game!
You've made a lot of people very happy!

Serenity

I don't know. It seems pretty pricey for content that's somewhat niche. The new mechanoid content seem available to every playstyle, so that's nice to make end game combat more interesting.

But if I read this right you have to play a royal to get access to the new quest stuff. If that's true that's bad. This should be available no matter what you do. Like needing to host guests. Or I've always wanted you to be able to rent out medical services and basically run a for profit hospital.
I'm not saying the new things by themselves is bad, but I'd prefer it you weren't forced to do certain things to experience it.

Kaelen Mosar

Here we go 2020

1.1 was released and broke all your saves guys get over it but now... NOW YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO EASE THE PAIN

Buy that DLC to become a badass royal spacefaring swordswinging asexual authistic moron that likes to torture the newly introduced yak's.
What else could we have asked for in a massive colony simulation?! Proper working spaceships, survival elements, real diplomacy, and a lot other things that may make more sense but well

in the end

it is a

story telling generator

fml

::) ;D

Pangaea

Can pets become royals? I think it's pretty clear we need a cat king! :D

legendary

I bought it already, not for content, but to support Tynan.

This DLC can be achieved with few dozen of mods. Mods add even more content (magic, mechanoids etc.). But I will always support Tynan, he cares to fix bugs and address community needs.

Thank you Tynan, thank you for not being activision-blizzard :)
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

falcongrey

I'm kind of curious, being one of the old school ones before the Steam integrations....

Before I purchase this, because I AM going to purchase it, will it be available for direct purchase through you, @Tynan here at your site? And additionally being one that still has the 'Send Owl' Harry Potter download access without DRM of Steam (could always change this to GOG.com someday), will the DLC eventually also be available for us on our Send Owl if direct purchased (if ever made available)?

I do understand if no. Valve does complicate and has a stickler with how they like things to go... I remember how they complicated things with the original transition so if sticking with the DLC there is best, again I DO understand... even if dissapointed.

Would REALLY love the above if possible, however! The backup in the event I lose access to the internet, or whatnot so I could reinstall without internet is an awesome peace of mind! Even with Steam backup, it still requires I found that you have access to the internet to verify... making it worthless other than to 'speed the process'. A real defeat of purpose of my needs for peace of mind. Perhaps.... I'm just too old school in thinking in today's world.

FalconGrey
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

falcongrey

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 24, 2020, 12:31:55 PM
It is available without Steam

https://rimworldgame.com/royalty/

That doesn't say it is available 'without Steam', just that the automated system isn't available yet....   

However, being it is giving pay options; does that mean it DOES give Send Owl links or does it give a Steam code for you to register on Steam? (Or both?)

SpaceDorf

You can buy it the same way as original Rimworld. The SendOwl Link opens instantly as soon as you have paid.
( I did via Paypal and it took me longer to figure out that caps lock was active, than it took for the whole paying and download process. )

The Message means, if you buy it that way you don't get your Steam-Key right now but have to wait a few days until Steam has accepted the cold harsh reality of DRM-Free purchases still being available.

As European customer Paypals Exchgange Rate made it slightly more expensive than Steam.
But for Tynan Sylvester, newly crowned Emperor of the Rim, and his tireless crew of Dwarf Fortress Nobles thats just fair.

falcongrey

falcongrey

ugh.... just realized.... my paypal defaults to a different email than my ludeon recognized email... (sigh) I hate to bother Tynan with this one but now I need to....

But thanks for straightening this with the Send Owl!

SpaceDorf

My pleasure, I can do nothing else but support my fellow Steam-Avoiders

Ruisuki

it looks and sounds amazing tbh. I love this game, its in my top 10 of all time. Maybe 5. But, i am a little bit saddened to see it adds a lot of things other modders have before. I havent looked into it, just read the steam description and am hoping what it adds is substantially different than what mods have offered the last few years. Specially in the quest, mech, music and even the recent psychic mod released last fall. Please tell me it does add worthwhile differences and im needlessly anxious. IMO the community played a huge part in building this fantastic game and thats a credit to Tynan and Ludeon as a whole.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Serenity on February 24, 2020, 07:17:01 AM
I don't know. It seems pretty pricey for content that's somewhat niche. The new mechanoid content seem available to every playstyle, so that's nice to make end game combat more interesting.

But if I read this right you have to play a royal to get access to the new quest stuff. If that's true that's bad. This should be available no matter what you do. Like needing to host guests. Or I've always wanted you to be able to rent out medical services and basically run a for profit hospital.
I'm not saying the new things by themselves is bad, but I'd prefer it you weren't forced to do certain things to experience it.
whoa is this confirmed? forced playstyle def sounds not good to me

Brother of fan

I have a little brother who loves this game and has been playing it since alpha eight but ever since the new DLC dropped he has been depressed and says that the game has been completely ruined. When he first started playing the game he thought of it like a Robinson Caruso type experience where you're trapped on a deserted Planet trying to survive and then build a colony when he first started playing there wasn't even the Escape ship so he just kept building and surviving. Now the game is about buttering up Royals and dealing with decadent Nobles in order to escape you are in a civilization not trapped outside of it. His favorite part of the game was how you made your own story the story of your own colony! He told me he thought you guys understood that! He says that he can't even trust the games he loves to remain the same because of this game and what recently happened with Blizzard. He was able to calm down a little once he found out he could revert the game to a previous version and turn off the DLC. As his caretaker I bought him a DLC to a game he loves and I deeply regret making this purchase and want a refund for this DLC even though I know that can't happen due to Steam's refund policy when it comes to DLC. If any good can come of this comment I hope it's at least of this: that you consider what the game is actually about before designing an expansion and that you explain what's actually in the DLC a little bit better.

Sincerely brother of a fan