[1.1] Middle Mouse Click and Drag to move map now much slower

Started by hellpop, February 24, 2020, 01:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellpop

What the circumstances were:   Closed Rimworld 1.0, reopened through steam.  Reloaded game (no mods). 

What happened.   Middle click mouse drag on map now much less sensitive.   

What you expected to happen.   Same drag sensitivity as before.  Not requiring multiple drags to cover a map on largest zoom-out.

Not a high priority bug, but it makes the responsiveness feel slow.

ISOREX

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

hellpop

Windows 10.   The drag was moving at half the rate of the mouse move.

Rebooted the machine and playing this morning, and the issue seems to be resolved.    I'll let you know if this reoccurs.

Thanks,
-hp

hellpop

New game...  1.1, no royalty.  Middle-click on a geyser, move and the geyser ends up moving about half the distance of the cursor.   If I load my previous game, and do the same thing, the geyser actually moves further than the cursor.   I'll play this one for a bit and see if the behavior changes.

Again. ..  This is super low-pri.  Tried taking a video but they came out a bit too large.

Ark

What mouse do you have? If you have a gaming mouse, you could try a lower polling rate. Or maybe try another mouse if available.
Similar thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50377.0.
Another mouse oddity with middle-click turn: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50351.0

ison

Can anyone confirm that it only happens in 1.1? We'll try to fix it in the next build, but it'd be good to know if it also happens in 1.0 (and if it changed recently or always been the case in 1.0).

Ark

Well, it always happens to me with the G300s or G300 mouse. Cheapo HP mouse always pans well.
Tried 64-bit Linux versions from alpha 13 to 1.1. In the early versions it was right button to pan, but still panned too little for the mouse movement.
The middle button blueprint rotate has always been flaky, too, it seems. For both G300s and HP. Takes 1-20-ish clicks to work.
Also tried a laptop with Debian 10.3 and RimWorld 1.0, same results.
In the other thread I tried 1000Hz and 500Hz polling rate for the mouse, 500Hz panning somewhat better.

ison

Okay, thanks for the feedback. We've reworked the map mouse drag system. We've also made it possible to change mouse drag sensitivity. It'll be released in the next hotfix.