Mech clusters subvert the game

Started by LakeWobegon, March 04, 2020, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritzgryphon

Quote from: Nainara on March 19, 2020, 02:37:18 AM

• Perhaps turrets with a built-in power supply ought to run out after a period of time and self-destruct

+1  When the offensive part of a cluster is defeated, the player has 0 incentive to destroy the remaining turrets (they are useful for gimping raids and shooting caravan muffalos).  This makes the player have to micro zones and pathing of all their colonists and animals around the huge turret ranges until a raid/caravan/natural force eventually destroys them (in one case, 3 whole weeks). 

e.  The reasoning could be, if the mechs can't support the turrets, they would choose to destruct them to prevent their capture and reverse-engineering (not that you can do that but it would realistically be possible).

RicRider

Quote from: gav00uk on March 10, 2020, 11:05:26 AM

Remember in Rimworld we are the small guys, the survivors. We are not a military force or planetary conquers, we are the underdogs trying to stay alive and if possible thrive and escape. What you are wanting is by no means bad but to me its a different game entirely. Maybe it could work after many more updates and game changes, but it would take a long time.

Completely agree. The ability to go around pounding other settlements and their raiders into the ground is already possible in the game, however it's a reward for players with good bases and a force capable of doing this. It's an alternative to building the ship and getting off the planet, which is the purpose of the game.

In general I think RimWorld is a great game that goes away from the 'you are a legendary hero with super powers' style that most games these days go for. It's a good alternative for people who are sick of the 'I want to be a level 20 wizard on day one' games out there.
##Coding Scrub##

Lexa

By now the main thing im getting irritated with for turrets, esp the bulletspam one is that they have no warmup time. Theres nothing you can do when you instantly get obliterated the moment you poke out from a corner. Is this why the empire sends us pawns they dont mind if they die? So i can suicide them against the first few volleys to give my own pawns time to shoot back?