Thanks for making a DLC! More notice for modders next time please!

Started by danielcb114, February 24, 2020, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcb114

I'm glad that DLC is being developed, but they really should have given modders more notice. I know there's a modding update guide, but it's still a lot of work to update your mods. It's only been 8 days since 1.1 was released (on unstable)--1 weekend.

When 1.1 was announced, I made slow plans to update my mods. Now that the DLC is added, everybody with mods is getting spammed and pressured to update their mods ASAP. Most modders have full-time day jobs, many have kids, families, etc. You're going to burn people out quickly if you start making this standard practice. At least give people a month, or don't release the DLC to every entitled "pro gamer" that's going to start spamming people...have a closed beta, or something.

I've got it pretty easy, since I only have one simple C# mod to update, and a few XML mods. There are creators with full-time jobs and many mods that use hugslib, harmony, etc. They're not having a great time right now, and this kind of sudden stress burns people out.

I hope there's more DLC and updates for RimWorld, and I don't want this to become standard practice. Please, try to give people at least a month to update their mods before releasing major DLCs to the public.

RawCode

RemingtonRyder

I agree with Daniel, the 1.1? spam is a problem. Literally, someone posted '1.1?'

It's not like modders have been living under a rock in another galaxy. Yes, we know 1.1 has arrived. People are just going to have to be patient and wait until we have a chance to actually look at it and then do an update as fast as humanly possible.

Tynan

I hear you. It was a week, which is a pretty tight timeline.

There were internal reasons for that, but I'm going to try hard to give a longer unstable period for any future update like that. Sorry we couldn't do it last time. Want to make modding as easy as possible and I definitely don't want it to be a source of stress.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog