Psychic Amplifier doesn't trigger transhumanist's mood buff

Started by Darmok, February 25, 2020, 02:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmok

Having the psychic amplifier installed on my transhumanist colonist still leaves them feeling frustrated. I mean come on, you've got a bionic implant in your brain that lets you affect the physical world around you, why aren't they happy with this? In my opinion, having one installed on these colonists should trigger their mood buff just like any other bionic part, is it just me?

lugaruclone

Mostly bumping as this makes sense to me and it should also probably upset somebody who is a body purist. Others can argue pros and cons, but I'm following your logic.

czpetr

Same for healing enchancer.

btw Shouldn't things like luciferium have same mood buff on transhumanists? Thousands of microscopic machines, constantly repairing your body and enchancing your senses and abilities in every way. What transhumanist wouldn't like that? I would be happiest pawn on rimworld if I had this.

carbon

I agree with czpetr, if the name of the trait is going to be "Transhumanist" (formerly was "Bionic Enthusiast" if I'm not mistaken), you should probably include luciferium and maybe resurrection on the list of applicable things that apply, since they are very transhumany.

----

That being said I also see the elegance of have it be just about discreet body parts. In which case you might consider a name change to something like "Cyborg Enthusiast", so it's both inclusive of non-bionic parts (e.g. peg leg or prostetic heart), but avoids the extra connotations of transhumanism.

Cynapse