[1.1 new dlc] Architect menu disappears when i select it ( no mods )

Started by ChuggingClorox, February 25, 2020, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuggingClorox

Hey, the architect menu options disappear when i select it, EXAMPLE: i click on the architect option to go build a table or a wall or whatever and the entire menu that branches off of the architect button vanishes, this only happens when i reload a game, ive uninstalled all of my mods and even went as far as to unsub from them, i have reinstalled the game, ive validated the game folders, its extremely frustrating. any help is welcome.

Canute

Hi,
it would be helpful if you check the log window after the menu disappear.
Maybe you need to enable developer mode at the options first, then the top left icon to open the log window.
When you see red text (errors) or maybe yellow (warning) you should post the logfile.
Read the sticky "How to report a bug" to locate the logfile, and attach it to your answer.
You need to use Reply to see the file attachment options.

Not to forget, check in Rimworld main menu if any mod is active.

ChuggingClorox

UKFB

I have also encountered this issue, the save it is happening on never had mods, but does use a custom scenario, on version 1.1. I encountered for the first time reloading a save which had only been played new before. The only things that happened in that session prior to the bug were a 'Visitors' event and a trade with those visitors, which the visitor did not have enough silver to pay for in full but was completed anyway.

The complete description: Opening the architect menu still opens the list of sub-menus ("Orders | Zone" etc.), but attempting to open any sub-menus results in the disappearance of the whole menu. The text that describes the ground tile the cursor rests on is invisible until the menu is closed, either by clicking "Architect" or by opening another menu. All other menus operate normally and the submenu chosen does not change the results. The sub-menu selection does not reappear when opened by any method. The menu cannot be closed by clicking on a piece of unrelated terrain, even at the farthest corner. Objects that could normally be selected cannot be selected while the menu is open. The menu prevents zooming and drag scrolling.

Tynan

It would be incredibly helpful if one of you could post a savegame or a log file where this happens.

You may need to zip the file to post it.

Can you provide a file like that? Our test files don't show the issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

UKFB

Affected RWS file (I just barely can't compress them both below the 1 meg limit)

Cynapse