[1.1 / Royalty] Mech Cluster crashing through roof in base

Started by FGsquared, February 25, 2020, 11:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FGsquared

Had a mech cluster crash through the roof of my building and landing inside. This was on Cassie, Rough with 3 colonists and 73k wealth. That seems a tad too difficult. XD

Clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyFantasticAyeayeVoteYea

Canute

Roof or thick roof (mountain) ?
Through roof droppod's allways can break through.

FGsquared

Thin & constructed roof. I know drop pods can but I assume clusters are like ship which also do not land in areas that are roofed. It seems silly to have an automortar be constructed inside the throne room for example. XD

Canute

Nope, you can ask around how many ship chunks or pychic/poison ship land at their dinning room at the past.
It rarely happen, but beside under the mountain roof it allways can happen. And solong roof arn't a magnet for such crashes it is fine by me.

But i don't know if the devs think different about it.

SpaceDorf

You want to know how often that happened in all Rimworld Playthroughs or just in a single one :)

Raiders, Shipparts, Ship Chunks, Mechanoids everyone took a shot at it at one time or another.
The good thing is, you allready have the enemy boxed in ...

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

HarryWuzHere

this happens really frequently tbh, and it feels like there's no pause before they get out of the drop pods, unlike how when raiders or mechs drop in your base they sit there for a little while before opening so you have a chance to prepare. the mech clusters just drop in and set up almost instantly

Tynan

Similar to this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50425.msg470957#msg470957

They are supposed to drop close to the base sometimes, but ideally shouldn't be landing inside rooms.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

FGsquared

Tynan

Oh it's FGsquared! Damn I didn't even realize it was you. Love the stream, thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog