[Mod Request] - 10 New Biomes

Started by Hydromancerx, February 25, 2020, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

So after looking at other biome mods such as Nature's Pretty Sweet, Advanced Biomes, More Vanilla Biomes and Alpha Biomes I have come up with 10 new biome ideas that differ from these mods.

1. Bamboo Forest - A forest dominated by bamboo. Perhaps it could even give the same bamboo given in the Vegetable Garden Mod. And ofcourse would have an abundance of pandas.

2. Eucalyptus Forest - Basiclly the Australia outback. Perhaps it can have abundant dry thunderstorms and wild fires. Perfect for the Vanilla Animals Expanded — Australia mod.

3. Rust Desert - A desert that is high in iron. Abundantly large steel deposits. Possibly specialized rock formations.

4. Glacier - While it can have rocks it also has walls made of actual ice. You can dig in it and carve out your own ice tunnels. Maybe even some specialized alien ice creatures.

5. Mangrove Forest - A forest mostly of water or marsh that have trees that grow actually in the water.

6. Tar Pits - Pools of tar that trap animals that fall into them. Perfect for the Megafauna mod.

7. Tidepool - Lots of small pools of water with lots of exposed coral reefs and shells. Maybe even have the tide go in and out.

8. Underwater - A biome in which you settle and underwater base. You cannot breathe there and must wear special gear. Could have diffrent biomes like Coral Reef, Kelp Forest, Deep Sea Vents, etc. And of course add in aquatic creatures like fish, dolphins, whales, sharks, squid, etc.

9. Boom Forest - A forest with trees that explode when you chop them. The only creatures that live here are "boom" types such as the Boomalope and Boomrat. The plants here regrow very fast due to their explosive nature. The soil is very rich due to the constant ash from the exploding plants.

10. Crystal Forest - A forest made of growing crystals. Would need lots of new crystal flora or decorations, or both! Maybe even silicon based creatures. Could be on the surface or a deep cave.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who attempts these!  ;D

Hydromancerx

Adamiks

The underwater biome would be a bit of a pain in the ass to code, but all of these are really nice

I do hope someone decides to make em into a mod, cause I don't have the skills for it

(useless reply ik, just hoping to give this topic some traffic)

drchu

I like the idea of boomforest but wouldn't the whole map blow up as soon as you downed one tree?

LWM

Boom-critters plus Bleed-chemfuel-when-wounded plus exploding trees?

Methinks creatures that are immune to fire would be more likely in such a volatile place?