Translation cleaner problem in v1.1

Started by Arczi008TV, February 26, 2020, 03:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arczi008TV

This tool is making now unnecessary mess.

Previously code
<NeurotrainerUsed>{USER_labelShort} used {1} neurotrainer to go from level {2} to level {3}</NeurotrainerUsed>

After using cleaner, that appear:
<SkillNeurotrainerUsed>TODO</SkillNeurotrainerUsed>
It should just update.

Backstories.xml after cleaning is like destroyed.

Example:
<AbandonedChild47> is changed to <AbandonedChild30> and translation is DELETED, just TODO appear.

Or translation is moved in wrong place!
Translated <Abductee80> is now in <Abductee43> which has different text to translate.

Dinoabunai

Tynan

Sorry, there were a few renames to separate things. I hope it won't be too hard to do a find/replace on them.

Regarding the backstory code changes, this is a problem caused by the fact that the numbers are hashed from the description, so even a tiny change to the description changes the number. I've already got a plan to change this so that the backstory's id is stored directly and this will never happen again. I'm sorry about incurring the extra effort; I hope it won't be too hard just to rename the content.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Arczi008TV

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2020, 07:25:41 PM
I hope it won't be too hard to do a find/replace on them.
When something is marked as 'unused' we dont know it is deleted or moved to another file or code is renamed. That is a little bit confusing.

PS. Can you add polish language worker?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=44000.msg467696#msg467696

DevEagle

The hungarian translate is same problem. See the hungary files, and find lot of "unused" stuff. The game is developer mode red error this "unused" stuff. Delete this unused stuffs around the files solved this error?