[1.1 + Royalty] Terrain - Stone Types Selection (Deep Drill Stone Chunk Mining)

Started by Oakridge, February 26, 2020, 08:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakridge

Circumstances: I try to optimize my play, so map location and pawn selection takes a while before I start playing, so many hours of building and in-game research later I placed a Deep Drill hoping to mine up some granite chunks for blocks only to discover the Drill was mining slate chunks. I checked my terrain location and it shows Granite, limestone and slate.

What Happened: In 1.1 When the Deep Drill is placed on vacant land it will select from the list of the possible Stone Types to be the dominant chunk Deep mined for that region rather than the capitalized type. (Marble, granite and slate for Slate; Granite, marble and slate for Marble; etc)

What I Expected: Pre 1.1 When the Deep Drill is placed on vacant land it will always select the first stone type, allowing the player to select the dominant chunk Deep mined for that region (Marble, granite and slate for Marble; Granite, marble and slate for Granite; etc)

Replication: Start new colony, check the stone types on the terrain menu (World map), note the capitalized stone type, spawn a Deep Drill, install Deep Drill and examine the Resource Below: (x chunk)

Tynan

As intended; you can now get all stone types for a map instead of just arbitrarily getting the first one.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog