Defence Blueprint

Started by cj9999, July 29, 2014, 01:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj9999

After each raid I have to repair my defence to state before raid, but this have to be done by manuall placing of turents/walls/sandbags
1) I would like to suggest some kind of button that would store the blueprint of defence (allso can be optional by player what should be part of the blueprint, prehaps adding powerlines can be usefull as well)
2) and second button that would recall this blueprint and automatically place the templates of turrents/walls/sandbags/.../ according the blueprint

kevinclark

I think the cheaper version of this might just be a "replaceable" tag on building-objects. So I'd mark my powerplant as replaceable and if it got blown up colonists doing repair (or construction?) tasks would rebuild the building after that. Seems like it'd work well for turrets and sandbags too.

EarthyTurtle

Would be useful, perhaps a button like the auto-homezone button that automatically replaces destroyed things with a blueprint of itself. can be toggled on and off. Only works for buildings if their destroyed, not de-constructed.

Alternatively:
What you can do (and this is what I usually do in my games) is put paved/concrette tiles underneath where my buildings will go. So concrete tiles where sandbags are, paved tiles where turrets/production facilities are and everywhere else is metal tiles or stone brick tiles. Walls our outlined by areas that don't have tiles under them.

So when everything is destroyed I still know where things are because tiles don't get destroyed. I also use these things to outline dump zones and stockpiles, even though their outline already by the zone itself.

Serrate Bloodrage

This idea is bloody fantastic. I have to admit kevinclark's idea of tagging a building/structure for auto-rebuild really sings for me

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

StorymasterQ

I think there was a mod that does this, auto-homezone for built things (so they get repaired when damaged) and auto-blueprint when built things are destroyed (although only for buildings).
I'm not sure if it was updated for A5, though.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

There definitely was a mod that did this, I must say it was pretty handy but then sometimes it was rather annoying, for instance when pulling back from a large raid.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Somz

Damn...this! THIS! Is what we need. It'd be pretty damn awesome.
It's not a problem to remember about how your defence was, it's about manually clicking and selecting and ah... Simply having the colonists rebuild tagged buildings or work on "permanent blueprints" would be sooo much better.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.