Attention to all modmakers.

Started by The_Hat, February 27, 2020, 03:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hat

I understand how 1.1 has everyone getting the heeby-jeebies, but the last day of new releases spawned another batch of mod updates that not only destroy compatibility with my save altogether but does Rimworld players in the middle of a big game such of mine a reprehensible injustice and gross disservice. Right now, I can only not plant crops due to the absence of two mods (THAT DON'T EVEN HAVE DEPENDENCIES!!!!!). In the near future, I assume that my supercolony will be borked altogether, simply because more and more modmakers lack the common courtesy to make their 1.0 versions still available to the public. I mean, it wouldn't kill you. After all, you can still find a few 0.18 versions of mods out there if you look. And now you want to tell me that you're completely forsaking 1.0 simply because a new version that will remain buggy as hell for another several weeks, if not months has caught your fancy?

I implore you. Give 1.1 all the attention you want, I don't care. But don't eliminate your 1.0 versions on the simple basis that 1.1 could (and I emphasize "could") be better.

Canute

You are at the wrong forum for this, you should post that at steam since only there is the auto-update.
But when a modder didn't made a mistake the new 1.1 version can include the 1.0 version too.
And even when you are geting a red error about packageID (because 1.0 don't know that syntax) the mod should break anything.
Sure when a modder just made a 1.1 version without 1.0 and update the worhshop entry it will break your safegame, but that problem happened at any previous releases too.

But even you can prevent such things, there are serveral guide how to made local copies of workshop mods to be sure about unwanted mod updates like after rimworld release changes.