[1.1 Royalty] Allied forces won't attack hostiles.

Started by Grubfist, February 27, 2020, 04:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grubfist

I called in some royal forces to assist when a raid happened in my territory (it was either the rough outlanders or pirates, I believe the rough outlanders) and the royal reinforcements arrived instantly and in decent number, but they failed to notice or attack the enemies. All they did was melee with their biocoded weapons in self-defense if they happened to be attacked, then leave when the raid was over.

Tynan

The faction you were fighting - were they neutral or allied with Empire?

That's my guess.

It is something we should address either way, I just want to know to diagnose the issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Grubfist

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2020, 05:42:16 AM
The faction you were fighting - were they neutral or allied with Empire?

That's my guess.

It is something we should address either way, I just want to know to diagnose the issue.
It would have to be their enemy. The royal faction and I share the same enemies. Also, the attackers DID attack THEM whenever they saw them, and they DID fight back with melee in self defense exclusively, but that was only 2/6 of them that even got attacked, the other 4/6 just wandered around the whole time uninterrupted.
It is probably worth noting that this save game was started on experimental 1.1, before Royalty came out still.
Also, this was specifically the friendlies called by the "Call royal aid" ability.
On the topic of the "Call royal aid" ability, I am also unsure how to track the cooldown that exists before using it for free again. Is that trackable in-game?

codexile

Left-clicking the Royal Favor icon doesn't use the ability, it brings up a menu which includes the cooldown.  This is how I have been checking the timer.  I wish the timer was displayed right on the icon or that the icon displayed the royal favor cost, which would drop to 0 once the cooldown was complete.

Grubfist

Quote from: codexile on February 27, 2020, 07:04:18 PM
Left-clicking the Royal Favor icon doesn't use the ability, it brings up a menu which includes the cooldown.  This is how I have been checking the timer.  I wish the timer was displayed right on the icon or that the icon displayed the royal favor cost, which would drop to 0 once the cooldown was complete.
Thanks for the tip. This is a bit awkward, but knowing it exists is helpful.

Tynan

The issue is there are 3 royal aid variants. So which cooldown do you display? It's tricky.

We'll look at the hostility issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Nowhere

I tested it and looked through the code and didn't see any obvious issues. Do you have a save for us to test?
Did it look like they were trying to exit the map? There are potential scenarios like bad temperature or being trapped, where they'll switch their behavior.