DRM-free version : Royalty updated to 2558, but not the basegame ?

Started by Gnaxx, February 28, 2020, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaxx

Hi all !
So, during the night, I received an email saying that Royalty has been updated... But nothing concerning the basegame. Is this normal ?
I tried to put the updated Royalty (2558) inside my game (2552), but now I've got errors when launching the game (which seems logical).

I used the tool to auto-resend your sendowl emails : I well received them, but still, basegame seems not updated in this links.

It's certainly simply a delay of the update of the basegame, but I only wanted to be sure I haven't missed anything :)

Canute

QuoteSo, during the night, I received an email saying that Royalty has been updated... But nothing concerning the basegame. Is this normal ?
Basicly yes.
DRM-free don't get daily updates like steam user would get.
Once the major bugs got squeezed out, you could await a DRM-free update.
If the devs pushed out an updated for Royality the prolly found a important bug.

Gnaxx

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2020, 10:58:43 AM
QuoteSo, during the night, I received an email saying that Royalty has been updated... But nothing concerning the basegame. Is this normal ?
DRM-free don't get daily updates like steam user would get.
Once the major bugs got squeezed out, you could await a DRM-free update.
If the devs pushed out an updated for Royality the prolly found a important bug.
Yeah but... I'm a bit confused. What's the point in updating DRM-Free Royalty, if the basegame isn't and so that you can't use updated Royalty ? (not angry at all, simply lost/surprised :P)
I attached the report I get when launching the game in case it could help.

But yeah, I'll use the previous version of Royalty for waiting the next update of the basegame :)

Canute

Hey i am just a player, the ways of the devs are inscrutable ! :-)
But that isn't a log report. You should read this link to locate the logfile and attach it to your answer.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Basicly the dev's are very active at moment at the forum they will hopefully see it.

Zoltan

Quote from: Gnaxx on February 28, 2020, 09:58:29 AM
Hi all !
So, during the night, I received an email saying that Royalty has been updated... But nothing concerning the basegame. Is this normal ?
I tried to put the updated Royalty (2558) inside my game (2552), but now I've got errors when launching the game (which seems logical).

I used the tool to auto-resend your sendowl emails : I well received them, but still, basegame seems not updated in this links.

It's certainly simply a delay of the update of the basegame, but I only wanted to be sure I haven't missed anything :)

Something not OK here, I downloaded the new Royalty via the email's link, copied it in to the 'old' RimWorld1-1-2552Win64 and the outcome is the mess message /attached/...

Gnaxx

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2020, 11:37:45 AM
Hey i am just a player, the ways of the devs are inscrutable ! :-)
But that isn't a log report. You should read this link to locate the logfile and attach it to your answer.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Basicly the dev's are very active at moment at the forum they will hopefully see it.
Ahahn, no problem :) (and thank you for helping btw ;))

So, I tried to look for the log file, but haven't found any, in both suggested paths.
QuoteWindows (non-Steam) has TWO possible locations:
    RimWorld####Win\RimWorld####Win_Data\output_log.txt
    %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\output_log.txt
I tried to load my game, it seems to load fine... and still no log file generated.

Just in case it could help, I'm attaching the error message I get (who where in my screenshot), in a .txt (errors are a lot more numerous & longer X)).

Yeah, I saw that ! Which is really nice to see. I deeply respect them & their work :)
And I'm personally not in a hurry, the most important is that they notice this, and fix it at one moment !