Chefs don't SIT while they work.

Started by ximen, February 27, 2020, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the cooking workstations have their bonus from a chair removed?

Yes!
5 (50%)
No!
4 (40%)
Yes, and they should get a negative modifier if installed. Lazy chefs don't work fast!
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

ximen

This is a issue that Tynan needs to look into, my immersion has been completely broken by this game breaking mistake in the game-design.
#SittingisthebiggestkillerinAmerica :'( :'(

Grubfist

Quote from: ximen on February 27, 2020, 03:24:28 PM
This is a issue that Tynan needs to look into, my immersion has been completely broken by this game breaking mistake in the game-design.
Anyone can with the right chair height if everything is within reach. And being able to sit for parts of the process can still be useful even if you aren't sitting for the entire process. But given your third poll option, this seems to not actually be about a game mechanic and is actually about you thinking people sitting down while they work are lazy people. Sitting all the time might not be healthy, but neither is standing at a workstation for many hours at a time. And since the status quo in many industries is standing for hours when you absolutely don't need to and causing back, leg, and foot issues for their employees just because sitting "looks unprofessional," I'm gonna go with "fuck you, stop contributing to a worse problem."

Canute

So you want say, people in wheelchairs can't be a chef ?

ximen

A person in a wheelchair would be at a significant disadvantage working as a kitchen chef, so I would imagine it to be very difficult.

Serenity

Yeah, some of these things have always bothered me a bit. I usually don't put comfy chairs at things that don't make sense. But there are worse cases like the crematorium

ximen

Quote from: Grubfist on February 27, 2020, 04:32:27 PM
Anyone can with the right chair height if everything is within reach. And being able to sit for parts of the process can still be useful even if you aren't sitting for the entire process. But given your third poll option, this seems to not actually be about a game mechanic and is actually about you thinking people sitting down while they work are lazy people. Sitting all the time might not be healthy, but neither is standing at a workstation for many hours at a time. And since the status quo in many industries is standing for hours when you absolutely don't need to and causing back, leg, and foot issues for their employees just because sitting "looks unprofessional," I'm gonna go with "fuck you, stop contributing to a worse problem."

The post is also partly satirical tbh, on a proffesional kitchen floor where people work for hours standing up, chair are utilized sometimes (when doing menial tasks like cracking eggs for example) However, rubber mats are laid down on the floor that soften the blow of standing up for extended periods of time. But in the end, most people working are not sitting at any point during the hard labor. Where chairs would simply clutter the floor, and be intrusive.

Grubfist

Quote from: ximen on February 27, 2020, 06:21:14 PM
Quote from: Grubfist on February 27, 2020, 04:32:27 PM

The post is also partly satirical tbh, on a proffesional kitchen floor where people work for hours standing up, chair are utilized sometimes (when doing menial tasks like cracking eggs for example) However, rubber mats are laid down on the floor that soften the blow of standing up for extended periods of time. But in the end, most people working are not sitting at any point during the hard labor. Where chairs would simply clutter the floor, and be intrusive.
Fair points, but it still seems a nitpick and I'm still voting no.

ximen

Tynan, your attention is needed. pls respond

ProfZelonka

Sounds like someone needs to make a "Kitchen realism mod" that adds kitchen floor mats which offer the same benefits as a chair. Lol

Adamiks

We see the world from the top, so there's no real way to tell just how tall the chairs & workstations are

For example, if my desk was just a tiny bit taller, i could comfortably use my PC, no matter if im sitting or standing. I assume the same applies for workstations & chairs.

ximen

Quote from: ProfZelonka on March 03, 2020, 07:47:05 PM
Sounds like someone needs to make a "Kitchen realism mod" that adds kitchen floor mats which offer the same benefits as a chair. Lol
Indeed, should be pretty easy to hack together either ::).