1.1 Quest not completing and favor not received

Started by Klarum, February 28, 2020, 11:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klarum

I received the quest that is still active on the saved game attached. [Attract cluster to colony]
I did not receive the favor upon receiving the quest as I have received before on the same quest.
After destroying the mech cluster the quest did not complete

PS: Can't attach save file since even compressed it is bigger than allowed limit. Why would the limit be smaller than a typical save file?...

Nowhere

Please upload it to dropbox or any hosting of your choice. If you have a save before destroying the cluster that would be awesome.

Tynan

You can just email the savegame to our support address, it'd be really helpful.

Please just put the URL of this page in the message body!

[email protected]
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

biowpn

Hey, I'm having the same issue. My Rimworld version is 1.1.2558 (64-bit) on Steam in Windows with Royalty. I don't have any mod installed, not ever.

So I accepted this quest named "Menace Cluster" (details in the attachment below). I accepted it, and after about 1 in-game day the cluster dropped. It had a 1.5 in-game day countdown activator. I didn't wait and gathered all my columnists to battle it, and successfully destroyed it in half an in-game day. Upon destruction, there was a blue box pop up in right saying "Mechanoid Cluster Destroyed" (which couldn't be found in the message history, btw), but that's it. The promised 12 royal favors and bunches of Techprint never dropped, and it's been 9 in-game days since I accepted the quest.

Please may find my save file, log file, and the quest in question in this zipped file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15aLatU6tNJuNIkMYmTLoB8Jued5iX3b4/view?usp=sharing

I really hope to collect my rewards soon as I spent a lot of time and resources preparing for the battle and lost some good animals there.

Cheers,

A Royal player

Tynan

Excellent report. It's the weekend so I'm afraid it may take a few days (nobody crunches at Ludeon except me) but this is a top priority for us.

Nowhere

Unfortunately, in this case the only save that would help - is the one before cluster was defeated("Mechanoid buildings have been defeated" message).

Sanyelin

Hello!
I have the same issue. The mentioned quest: "Menace Cluster". I have accepted it 7+ in-game days ago. I did not received anything AND the cluster did not drop yet (but I dont think it ever going to). A have a savefile here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RvG1hJdgcDVs4GaltsqwaffpF7sOQoZG?usp=sharing

-No mods.
-1.1.2552 rev601 (royalty)
-Windows 10 64-bit

Tynan

Hi Sanyelin,

Your game version is quite old, please update!

You'll need to clear the old corrupted cluster like so:

-Turn on development mode in the options menu
-Look in the quests menu at the quest that won't end
-Turn on the checkbox "Dev: Debug" under the quest description.
-Scroll down.
-To the right of the 'send signal' box, click the '...' button. Select the entry similar to Quest0.cluster.AllEnemiesDefeated.
-Turn off development mode in the options menu.

This bug has been solved for a few days now so I'm going to lock the thread. Thanks all.