[1.1+Royalty] Rescued pawns from quests refuse to leave.

Started by MaxSentence, February 28, 2020, 12:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxSentence

Hi, Love the game.

This bug happened twice actually, so now I have 2 pawns wandering around my base that refuse to leave.

What the circumstances were/What happened:
1st time: Had accepted a royal visitor quest (Hospitality for Aristocrats) where a duchess and 3 allies wanted to stay with me for 20 days. I let their mood drop to low and one of the allies (Dweeb) went into a psychotic wander. The rest of the party left but Dweeb fell down because of exhaustion/starvation. So I rescued her and since then she has simply laid in a hospital bed resting, despite being fully healed. Also can not control her as one of my own pawns.

2nd time: Had accepted a quest of handling a deadly threat (Bladed Goats) they sent along 5 troopers to aid me. One of the troopers (Matt) was downed during the fighting, and again I rescued him, as the rest of the troopers left Matt was healed but now is just wandering around my base. Also can not control him as one of my own pawns.

Both of these pawns are suffering from painful scars.

Side note I don't want to arrest/capture these pawns as it will hurt relations with there factions.

What you expected to happen:
I expected the pawns to wander off the map once they were healed.

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine:
Accept quest that sends pawns to your base, have one get injured, rescue the pawn. Before the pawn can move finish/end the quest, the pawn will refuse to leave.

Savegame file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqTaTtftctUaWD6JJuzAKtBvHyxaXShx/view?usp=sharing

Had been playing with mods: HugsLib, [FSF] No Default Shelf Storage, Interaction Bubbles, EdB Prepare Carefully, Wall Light.
Problem persisted when I loaded without mods.

Edit: Added notes: Also can not control them as one of my own pawns.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison

Thanks for a detailed report! It looks like the 2 pawns in the attached savefile are indeed broken - they have no duty assigned. But it looks like whenever the StateGraph state changes, all duties are reassigned correctly, so I suspect it was caused by one of the mods. It'd be great if you could do the following in order to confirm it: load the attached savefile, use debug tools to deal 10 damage to Matt, see if any errors appear in the console (~), then please copy paste the most recent error which appeared in the console. In my case the pawn simply leaves the map, which is correct.