[1.1.2558 w/ Royalty] Making a caravan breaks the colonist bar

Started by HomelessAbe, February 28, 2020, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomelessAbe

Hello,

Playing recently I went to make a caravan by sending my group via drop pods to another faction base to trade. Normally once the pods go off, the colonist bar at the top splits into two groups, one for the caravan, and the other for the people still back at base. However, once the pods launch, there is no grouping for the people that went on the caravan, and only the people remaining at base still show on the colonist bar. I can select the caravan and issues orders to it by finding it on the world map though. One thing of interest, is when the caravan is sent off, instead of the "lead" pawns name with caravan (i.e Mindy's Caravan), it has a '2' appended to it (Mindy's Caravan 2), when I've never normally seen that.

The big kicker though, is after saving the game and reloading, the entire colonist bar disappears. Not even the people remaining at base still have a bar; the top of the screen is entirely blank. I tried reloading the save with no mods active, and the colonist bar was still missing. I also loaded the save I made immediately prior to making the caravan after disabling all mods, and the same thing happens after launching.

Here's link for a zip file with the save files for both immediately prior to launching the pods (with everything loaded up and just awaiting launch) and the save file after they had landed and moved around a bit, if anyone wants to poke around with those: http://gofile.me/2cFeN/dD41UsEF4

Tynan

Could be mod related. Modlist from the saves is below. We'll look at this but have you tried with your mods off?

<modIds>
         <li>ludeon.rimworld</li>
         <li>ludeon.rimworld.royalty</li>
         <li>unlimitedhugs.hugslib</li>
         <li>murmur.walllight</li>
         <li>hatti.qualitybuilder</li>
         <li>tradingspot.common.core</li>
         <li>petetimessix.simplesidearms</li>
         <li>jaxxa.ed.enhancedoptions</li>
         <li>mehni.puah</li>
      </modIds>
      <modNames>
         <li>Core</li>
         <li>Royalty</li>
         <li>HugsLib</li>
         <li>Wall Light</li>
         <li>QualityBuilder</li>
         <li>Trading Spot</li>
         <li>Simple sidearms</li>
         <li>ED-EnhancedOptions</li>
         <li>Pick Up And Haul</li>
      </modNames>
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

HomelessAbe

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2020, 07:02:23 PM
Could be mod related. Modlist from the saves is below. We'll look at this but have you tried with your mods off?

Loading either save after disabling all mods gave me the same issue unfortunately.

Edit: I did a little further messing around. After sending off the caravan, if I click the toggle for the colonist bar, it disappears as normal, but when I re-enable it the bar does not come back, and acts just like when you load that second save. Mentioning just in case it helps pin things down at all. And again, that's with no mods loaded.

HomelessAbe

Sorry to keep adding more onto this, but noticed something else involving this that may or may not help. When going to the world view, I noticed there is a "ghost" caravan on top of my colony which looks like it had all the details of my last caravan. I believe this is why when I make a new caravan with at least the same "lead" person, it shows as it being their caravan number 2. Attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Tynan

HomelessAbe

I was able to modify the save file and delete the reference to the "ghost" caravan, which seems to have fixed the issue for me. Not sure if it's still possible for the issue to reappear later for myself or anyone else, but at least this time my caravan made it back to base without any issues. No idea if it's ultimately mod related or not either, so who we'll see what happens.

In any case, I appreciate the time taken to look at this.

Tynan

Okay, with no other reports this looks like it was mod-related. Allow me to close it.

If anyone sees the bug again please make a new thread! And link this one. Thanks.