My Game Softlocks When My Cursor Clicks a Colony on the Map!

Started by normansnoreman, February 28, 2020, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normansnoreman

I must say, I'm sort of surprised that a bug/misfortune has waited this long to rear its ugly head towards me, and cause me this problem. I get it, 1.1 is new ground and I'm sure a problem like this has probably happened, but despite my best Googling there was no luck to find even one person suffering this glitch.
*This is just flavor text, move on to the next paragraph to get to the meat and potatoes*

To say the least, I really REALLY don't want to give up on this game I've been playing, which thus far has been my expeditionary force on the new frontier of both 1.1 and the Royalty DLC, and so far things have gotten really interesting. What was supposed to be a simple leg transplant turned terrible tragedy, when my colonies mad scientist/flawless organ harvester Krisszir, dies under the knife at Monroe's "the colonies SECOND best doctor" hands! Whether this was an "accident" or not, nothing can replace that literal hole where Krisszir's heart used to be, and this would be a significant loss to our colony, if it weren't for one thing. A man's head needs to be brought on a silver platter to USFM headquarters, our most profitable and cooperative ally by far, and in return for taking this man's life, we would get a Mech Ressurector Serum! Time was of the essence, "literally seeing as i've heard you want to ressurect pawns as fast as possible" and with great haste we made the fuel for the drop pod voyage necessary to claim that prize! Two of my colonists greatest warriors, a former tribal girl turned badass psyker Setsuko, and a bearded, bloodlusty killer of men named Merlin, donned on their protective gear, and went inside of the shuttle pods, launching off towards the city... is what would have happened if not for this killjoy bug!

So long story short, two pawns travel out onto the map, they make it to the city they need to go to, and when I click on either the pawn or a colony on the map, my screen goes completely blank! Not only that, but it also seems that I can't access any of the menu features or options, leaving me only with the Steam overlay, and Alt-F4ing out of the game!  This is no way to be, especially with the stakes so high in my game now, I HAVE TO SEE THIS THROUGH. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will stay tuned to any responses to this post!

Here is the report, https://gist.github.com/64d36a3b202083ff5c6706f3b81cf296

And the Zip attached to this should have everything you need to know, plus a funny little video demonstrating my troubles!

https://youtu.be/jrEO6-Qlup4

Canute

Hi,
the logfile isn't made after you got the issue.
If you can't use the hugslib feature to upload it (since the button are missing try to press CTRL-F12) you should post the original logfile and attach it to your answer (you need to use reply first to see file attachment option).
To find the logfile read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

You have 1 (or more ) XML errors at the beginning.
Could you try to search inside the mods folder for <acceptTerrainSourceFilth>, maybe you will find a mod that use that.
Then don't forget to report that to the mod author.
But i don't think that error will cause your problem.

normansnoreman

Here it is, I was having a little bit of trouble attaching both zip files to the post, hopefully this resolves that.

And I will look into what makes that filth problem, though it might not be what's at stake here.

normansnoreman

While we're at it, here's also my .old version of the save file, if that is something you could also use.