What was the reason behind revealing when prisoners will try to escape?

Started by dearmad, February 29, 2020, 12:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearmad

It's on a schedule now?

So now they politely schedule it with my warden and on the appointed day I can just have my press gang waiting at the door for them? Was this something players were begging and pleading for?

Seriously I liked the mystery of before.  Anyone know why this was added?

Walkaboutout

I noticed this today too and was a little surprised. Seemed like a weird choice to me, to the point that I wonder if it was intended, or a bug or something?

dearmad

Well I hope it's a bug. I hate it. It takes away the human feeling that that entire situation had. Be off hunting or on a caravan, minimally guarded and WHAM off they broke! Had to drop meat and pursue running meat!

Now it's: Well I'd love to go huntin' but Murphy here's plannin an escape in 3... 2... 1... GET BACK IN YER CAGE SON!

Wanderer_joins

It's the mean time between prison break. It doesn't predict the number of days before escape.

So it's just a proxy for how well your prisoner is feeling.

Bozobub

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on February 29, 2020, 05:36:24 AM
It's the mean time between prison break. It doesn't predict the number of days before escape.

So it's just a proxy for how well your prisoner is feeling.
It simply gives too much information.  Even with a "fudge factor", there's large swaths of time that you can be almost certain no prison break will happen. I wouldn't mind this as a toggle-able feature OR a mod, but it's puzzling as a direct inclusion in the vanilla game.
Thanks, belgord!

Wanderer_joins

Yes, i get you, it feels like a dev mod info. It could be transmitted less directly to the player.

carbon

I had a group of 4 prisoners that had a mean escape time of 60 days (never went below that). They attempted an escape sometime between day 12 and day 15 of their stay (which was only 23 days total).

There's still plenty of RNG involved in when they decide to escape. That estimate is very loose.

RicRider

It's basically the same as playing with dev mode turned on before 1.1. It gave you the same information.

But I don't like it. It feels immersion breaking and I shouldn't really know this information as others have said. It's like when people use the RimHud mod they get all this cheater information access like what the raider is targeting, whether wild animals are hungry or not... we shouldn't know this stuff.
##Coding Scrub##

B@R5uk

Quote from: RicRider on February 29, 2020, 09:47:21 AM...we shouldn't know this stuff.
Who said this? It's a game and not flight simulator for training pilots and ATCs. And everyone have their own fun.

Bozobub

I'm pretty sure everyone here is merely stating their opinion; relax ;).  Just interpret it as was meant: "I don't wanna have this stuff displayed unless I ask for it."
Thanks, belgord!

dearmad

Yeah someone above nailed it fir me. Even if it's wrong,it doesn't aid the immersion I feel for my little rim world. 😒

RicRider

Quote from: B@R5uk on February 29, 2020, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: RicRider on February 29, 2020, 09:47:21 AM...we shouldn't know this stuff.
Who said this? It's a game and not flight simulator for training pilots and ATCs. And everyone have their own fun.

Dude that's how men talk. They say what they know is right and say it with conviction so other men who also know what's true and what's right will see they have an ally when it's time to fight.

Joking aside, yes it was my opinion. But I still think you should play the game with this information turned off, because it will make you more manly. Hope that makes sense.
##Coding Scrub##