Now that you sold 30 million copys of the game and are a multy Millionaire:

Started by SAG, February 29, 2020, 09:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAG

Now that you sold 30 million copys of the game and are a multy Millionaire do you think you can:

1: Add native mod support to the game just like in open transport tycoon (check that out). Where in the start menu you can open a panel that connects to the main mod server.

There you can:
a: Rate mods
b: download mods
c: download modpacks
d: have multyple vieuws to see the same content, aka top 10, top 100, this month, this week, all time rated high etc. Option to add more functions based on user feedback.

2: Make multyple instances of the game (for different mod packs) with one button click from the main menu, to a folder of your choosing

3: afford a programmer that for the net 24 months can work on MULTY CORE SUPPORT. And generally speeding up the game in general...

(And making these options available for users based on a advanced settings menu if you wish to do so..)

4: add the super speed button back into the game

5: Just release mods as DLCs, some mods should just be part of the game like the medical tab mod for instance, or security mod extended that adds gunports to your walls..

6: In the main menu have a user feedback option where player can fill out a form, you can have polls or questions... or multyple questions, and the game sends this to your server via a small .txt file..

7: Let the game spit out new .exe files when you downloaded a mod pack, so instead of loading 100 small mods, that is 50.000 files and slows down loading time, now its just one larger file which seems to be faster,.

8: Be the holy grail of modding so that modders dont have to update their mods all the time a new version is released, once multy core support is added they just work because its just a bunch of art files and loose scripts, and those are gunna run away...

9: this is not hate, but you have lots of money now, hire a relyable person to optimize the game for you... Multi core support and mod friendly game as demonstrated in openTTD main menu.. You maybe even can copy that code...

RicRider

I often wonder what it must be like to be good at something, write a book about it and then become successful at it too but then people like you remind me what it's like every day - waking up to someone with some unreasonable demands who thinks they're your boss.

I think I'd hate having to deal with people like you. Entitled babies.
##Coding Scrub##

ReZpawner

He couldn't even make the effort to spellcheck his entitled drivel.
1. Like Steam? You know, where you can A. Rate mods. B. Download mods. C. Download modpacks. D. Have "multyple vieuws" to see the same content (whatever this means).
2. Like oh I don't know, the non-steam version? Which can be installed anywhere, and using whatever version you want?
3. They literally just released a patch that sped up the game.
4. If only someone could modify the game, and upload that modification to somewhere on the internet where others could get it too. What a world that would be.
5. Everyone has an opinion about the content. Just because you want that content doesn't mean others do. There are plenty of mods that does this. It's not hard to find.
6. That function already exists. Just put it in a notepad file, and drag'n drop it to the recycling bin where it belongs. Don't forget to sign it with "The ideas guy".
7. Oh dear christ there are even more questions here?
8. Sweet jesus make it stop.
9. ...

Serenity

Pangaea

Since he hasn't actually sold 30 million copies, let's rephrase that function a little bit:

OR
10. Keep doing what you are doing.

Bozobub

Quote from: SAG on February 29, 2020, 09:46:03 AMHey, everybody, let's all tell the outrageously successful game dev, how to do his job better.
I'm sure Tynan is clean as a whistle and this isn't implying anything about his actual habits, but...times like this make me hope very strongly he's reading this kind of thing, in between snorting coke off each breast of a row of hookers ::).

By the by, anyone thinking Ludeon gets to keep 100% of sales as profits, need not apply for a game development position; you're a bit thick.
Thanks, belgord!

dearmad

The real genius Tynan showed was in his RESTRAINT with the game design. While he also left many avenues opened for the LACK of restraint the modders can show.

Thus allowing us to tailor our game to be how we EACH want it to be 😆!

Op, like most people cannot recognize superior behavior when he sees it.

-1 mdude

And feel free to use the letter i. Copies. Multi.