[1.1.2558/Royalty] Beautiful/Pretty traits not always acknowledged correctly

Started by Walkaboutout, February 29, 2020, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walkaboutout

Some pawns do not properly acknowledge the presence of the Beautiful/Pretty traits on other pawns (and probably the same issue exists with Staggeringly Ugly/Ugly). This seems to happen rarely. I had to roll up a start scenario group of pawns, using the tribal start in this case, a dozen times or so before getting a pawn which demonstrates this bug. I noticed it originally in a couple of different starts previously, but don't have saves for those starts.

Load the attached save, and take a look at the pawn whose name on the game screen is "Pretty2". Notice that 4 of these tribal pawns have either beautiful or pretty, and a fifth one has neither. For some reason I do not understand, "Pretty2" does not receive the proper relationship adjustments for any of the other 3 pawns that have the relevant traits (and of course the normal pawn works properly on her, because there is no modifier).

When you mouse over the tooltips in the social tab, you can even see that the appropriate entry is there, it just doesn't apply the relationship modifier. For example, instead of saying "Physically stunning: 40" in the tooltip, it will say "Physically stunning: 0".

I'm not aware of any scenario where something like this should happen, so at this point I think it's a bug of some kind. "Pretty2" is not, for example, blind or something, she's in good health. And everyone else gets modifiers appropriate to her pretty trait, but she simply does not get correct modifiers for everyone elses beautiful/pretty traits.

I will be emailing the save to [email protected] because even zipped it's just over the 1000KB limit for the forum. When I email it, I will reference this post in the body of the email.

HarryWuzHere

you can just upload the save to google drive, and then put the shareable link in your post

ItchyFlea

Zipped file broken into two parts using 7-Zip. 7-Zip required to unzip them. Both parts in separate posts due to total file size.

This is part 1
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

Zipped file broken into two parts using 7-Zip. 7-Zip required to unzip them. Both parts in separate posts due to total file size.

This is part 2.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Walkaboutout

Thank you Itchy for doing that. I've messed around with it in the current version, and this appears to still be an issue in the 1.1.2560 build, just as an FYI.

Walkaboutout

Still get broken pawns with this current version, 2562 base game. I've looked at the pawns, both broken and unbroken, in the save files and can't find any identifiable differences that are obvious, to my eyes at least. I've tried various things to discover a work around if/when a pawn is broken, but can't find anything, though I'm not entirely conversant with Rimworld in a technical sort of way. Alas. Like I said, thank you Itchy, and for Ludeon for working so hard to solve issues in this game, you all rock :)

Ark

"Pretty2" has the "Kind" trait. Mouse over the trait for the tooltip.
Kind
{PAWN_nameDef} is exceptionally kind. {PAWN_pronoun} has a special way of using kind words to brighten someone's day. {PAWN_pronoun} never insults others, and never judges people by their appearance.

Walkaboutout

Holy....really? Was that not working previously? Or is it a new adjustment? I would swear that was not the case previously, but wow, you're absolutely right. By that description, I'd agree. Jeez, I feel silly if that's the case, and it sure does seem so. Sigh...