Is Royalty considered 'Feature complete'?

Started by carbon, February 29, 2020, 10:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

By 'Feature complete', I mean to ask are there any existing plans to significantly add to what is already included in the Royalty expansion?

While it may not be typical to think of a DLC having an early access phase, given Rimworld's history with it and the relative price of the DLC versus the base game, it doesn't seem entirely implausible that it might be scheduled for several more months (maybe years?) of serious development.

-----

I ask partly because it seems like there's a huge opening for some form of anti-imperial faction as an alternative to the Empire.

lugaruclone

I've been curious myself, I can imagine the bulk of the development time was creating the 'royalty system' and the 'quest system' and with the systems created... it might be less work now to introduce some other factions fighting for your colonies attention.

Goldenpotatoes

I hope they at least add a new storyteller that prioritizes the royal questing similar to how it currently is, so they can downplay it more on other storytellers. I'm not a huge fan of the guaranteed introduction and rebellion quests on storytellers like Randy, whose supposed to be random.