Quest Rewards are Borked

Started by Ser Kitteh, March 01, 2020, 09:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

I just got a request for 27 simple helmets (2471 silver) in exchange for psyfocus shirt and 279 silver (907 silver in total).

In fact, I haven't done a single one of them because they're completely not worth it. Something worth checking out.

zizard

I've been getting a bunch of quests for a single luciferium which amounts to spam.

Boboid

That's odd - The vast majority of the quests I've been offered have been either profitable or downright generous in terms of rewards.
They're not all worth accepting and there are some outliers with weirdly small rewards (Like losing power for 1.1 days in exchange for a masterwork greatbow, in year 3.)
But for every one of those there seems to be an equally cushy "Build a monument, get huge piles of advanced components"

If I had a complaint about quests it'd be that the "Mech clusters will drop periodically for X days" quests vary pretty massively in difficulty ranging from ignorable to game ending fiasco generators.
Which is only a problem because their rewards are often quite significant and I've accepted (and subsequently failed) a lot of them.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

lt_halle

Most quests I get are one of two categories:

-Lots of rewards but long distance or valuable commodity (rarity can sometimes add hidden value, like with something like components)
-Smaller rewards but rep gain

I have had a few quests with absolutely god-awful rewards, but those are mostly mech cluster or prisoner/animal keeping quests. Keep a look out for rep gain, as I've definitely seen stuff like "Wow, $2000 of pants for only $800 in rewards?" but then realized that there's something like +60 rep attached to the quest too, which can often make it worth to do to become allied.

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever