Nuclear stomachs, has anyone looked at the nitty gritty?

Started by Whifflepits, March 02, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whifflepits

I just installed 3 of them at pretty much the same time in my colonists. 2 of them developed cancer in less than a week.

Does anyone know what the rate of cancer is? Are there modifiers which increase it? Is my luck just hideously bad?

Things I need to know before I spend the resources making another dozen of these things....

EDIT: Alright, that's 3 for 3 after 10 days. This can't be just bad luck.

carbon

A cancer every 10 days does sound rather excessive. Even with great medical tending, the pawn is probably going to spend too much time in the hospital to really see the upside of less eating.

Hopefully you just had bad luck. I haven't tried them out on my end.

zizard

It says in the description: "This artifical stomach cannot get food poisoning. However, there is little room to the shield the reactor, so the radiation increases the risk of cancer." For the exact numbers, have a read of Hediffs_BodyParts_Bionic_Empire.xml in Data\Royalty\Defs\HediffDefs.

<li Class="HediffGiver_Random">
        <mtbDays>120</mtbDays>
        <hediff>Carcinoma</hediff>
        <partsToAffect>
          <li>Torso</li>
        </partsToAffect>
      </li>

Whifflepits

Quote from: zizard on March 02, 2020, 01:00:39 PM
It says in the description: "This artifical stomach cannot get food poisoning. However, there is little room to the shield the reactor, so the radiation increases the risk of cancer." For the exact numbers, have a read of Hediffs_BodyParts_Bionic_Empire.xml in Data\Royalty\Defs\HediffDefs.

<li Class="HediffGiver_Random">
        <mtbDays>120</mtbDays>
        <hediff>Carcinoma</hediff>
        <partsToAffect>
          <li>Torso</li>
        </partsToAffect>
      </li>

So every 120 days at a random point?

That is much more reasonable than what the first impression implied. Really screwy that everyone just gets cancer within a few days of surgery though. I'll post a suggestion that this should also have an initial delay of 120 days before the random checks start, or else there's going to be a lot more people hollering WTfrak...

zizard

Quote from: Whifflepits on March 02, 2020, 01:26:25 PM
So every 120 days at a random point?

That is much more reasonable than what the first impression implied. Really screwy that everyone just gets cancer within a few days of surgery though. I'll post a suggestion that this should also have an initial delay of 120 days before the random checks start, or else there's going to be a lot more people hollering WTfrak...

Yeah so it's like 1/120 chance per day. Sounds like you got unlucky.

Teleblaster18

Seems like the frequency range was increased in today's patch notes to 2 years, with consideration in a future patch for 3 years.

A 1 in 240 chance is nicer.  A 1 in 360 chance would be even nicer, still.