[1.1.2562+R] Mechanoid siege event message received, but nothing happened.

Started by Mihsan, March 03, 2020, 09:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihsan

1) I got a message about mechanoid siege (check screenshot).
2) Then nothing happened (no mechanoids, no drop-pods, no option to "jump to event"... nothing). Then activated dev mode and tested by spawning mechanoid siege on my own and result is the same (now with message because of dev mode - check screenshot 2).
3) Expected to see mechanoid siege.
4) Repro: spawn mechanoid siege.

P.S.: Seems to be linked to recent "- Adjusted mech cluster drop rules to avoid dropping too close to colony or colonists", did not happened before this.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Nowhere

Wow, thanks for reporting. Could you upload a save with the map where game fails to spawn the cluster? Recent changes shouldn't prevent it from falling back to random position on the map.

Mihsan

Quote from: Nowhere on March 03, 2020, 10:04:09 AM
Wow, thanks for reporting. Could you upload a save with the map where game fails to spawn the cluster? Recent changes shouldn't prevent it from falling back to random position on the map.
Save file:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4SxN/JH5RprwoM

Mihsan

Nowhere

It fails to find a position to drop due to how little available space for structures is on this map(it's mostly mud). We'll see what we can do to avoid events whiff like that.

Nowhere

I added some fallback code to make it very unlikely for mech cluster to just not spawn on difficult maps like this. Should make it into the next build.
Thanks for reporting!