[1.1.2562, Royalty] Psychic Harmonizers' effects stack

Started by Boboid, March 03, 2020, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

Multiple Psychic Harmonizers can affect an individual, including someone with a psychic harmonizer installed.
This results in a feedback loop which can result in situations like this https://imgur.com/a/5ZdnVik
Where every harmonizer's mood is capped by the harmonizers around them, which in turn caps the mood of the others, and so on.

In theory a significant mental disturbance could result in a failure cascade but.. in practice I'm yet to encounter that 3 years after that screenshot, additionally a single dose of Yayo typically resets the entire feedback loop.
This is all amplified by the fact that both the mood sent and mood received are affected by psychic sensitivity as shown in the 2nd screenshot.

I'm torn about whether or not this is a bug.. but it's definitely flagrantly overpowered.
Harmonizers aren't sufficiently rare to justify this kind of interaction imo.
They're a lot of fun and open up interesting synergies but.. when deployed in large numbers they essentially allow me to ignore mental state entirely.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Cynapse