Some extreme efficiency plays require new balancing.

Started by East, March 04, 2020, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East

I like to play extremely efficient.
Here are some of those stories.

Barracks play looks bad at first glance. Playing as a barracks interrupts your sleep and there are penalties for the barracks. However, the penalty is offset by placing some artwork in a large room.
  Not using a private room offers tremendous benefits. The barracks are very easy to increase the number just by bringing the bed. Moving paths are extremely short and the entire settlement can be reduced dramatically. Simple, small settlements have overwhelming defense and work efficiency. In addition, the smaller the residence, the less the property. The smaller the property, the weaker the enemy. Temperature control is also easier. It is a barracks, a medical room, a work room, a restaurant, a lounge. Small residences increase clean efficiency. If you don't have art, plant some flowers.

Intentionally breaking the durability of weapons and expensive furniture. Decreasing the durability of a weapon decreases its value, but does not reduce its ability. The same is true for furniture. Property decreases and the enemy weakens.

Is this an abuse of the game? Loyalty dlc makes this problem somewhat different. But still efficient. At 1.0, It is meaningless because the game adjustment is completed. but the game is being adjusted again with the release of dlc. Developers should think about the balance of this part.

fritzgryphon

+1 for the mega-room exploit.  I like abusing it but it seems unrealistic. 

One room can be dining, recreation, barracks and workshop simultaneously with no penalty (small beauty penalty for workbenches, but easily countered with a sculpture).  Big mood buffs for all "impressive" rooms and very little wealth and overall space used.   Disturbed sleep is not enough to balance all the buffs you get.  No one would want a bed next to a chemfuel refinery, pool table or common dining table.

Then also, mega-room for kitchen, research lab, and hospital.  Put down tiny amount of sterile tile, and all 3 activities get bonus for cleanliness.  Be careful the harvested organs don't get cooked by mistake.

LakeWobegon

Yes lets come up with a mega peanlty for the mega room in order to force everyone to play the same way. I also hate that ppl are having fun with barracks even if I only use individual rooms.

ProfZelonka

It would be nice if it'd be rebalanced to individual rooms, but with the limited hours in the day and the time it takes for colonists to walk through each door, it only makes sense to do a mega room for everything but freezer, bedrooms, hospital and prison. (supply, workbenches, dining tables, kitchen, hydroponics, and joy items altogether)

mooguy

I thought if you have different rooms your pawns will get different bonus stacks throughout the day of spending time in different rooms - like impressive kitchen, rec, workshop , bedroom ect. If you just have one huge room - wouldn't you only be getting impressive barracks and none of the others?

ProfZelonka

Well, if that's true, I've been playing it all wrong and that would explain why it's so hard every time. lmao I'll try it out!

lugaruclone

It makes me think of the Privacy need in Prison Architect.

I wish this game had a better concept of noise and therefore shared spaces would be more of a problem constantly interrupting sleep if they are shared with machinery, joy objects and chatter between colonists.

fritzgryphon

You still get the mood bonuses for impressive rec room, beautiful workshop, impressive barracks, and impressive dining even if they're all the same room.

And it's way easier to satisfy the space and wealth requirements if they're all the same room. For example, a tailor bench will count towards rec and dining room wealth. It's weird.

Serenity

Quote from: fritzgryphon on March 05, 2020, 10:26:15 AM
You still get the mood bonuses for impressive rec room, beautiful workshop, impressive barracks, and impressive dining even if they're all the same room.
Or just limit that stacking. Oxygen Not Included also different rooms giving mood bonuses. But you can't combine them