Tynan's job with bioshock/and rimworld

Started by bigwolf2101, November 03, 2013, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigwolf2101

for those that have played Tynan's games he has made I just want to know what u all have to think a bought it how u liked it and what u think he wood be good at for new games he might make

ps this might not belong here if so sorry just wanted to get your all opins on how he did it and how grate it has been (yes a fan page kinda thing)

UNAgamer

If you mean his previous work on Bioshock, do remember that he was part of a big development house - Irrational Games, owned by 2K. I don't know how big they are in manpower, but I'd be very susprised if it was less than 50. (Though of course, Tynan might have worked on specific parts of their gigs as part of team smaller than that.)

Rimworld is actually an exception in gaming for the last two decades - that is, one man made the game. This pretty much never happens nowadays. ;)

bigwolf2101

yay that's what I was thinking but still to be part of that kind of game I think that he wood pick up a few things along the way

Thubin

Quote from: UNAgamer on November 03, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Rimworld is actually an exception in gaming for the last two decades - that is, one man made the game. This pretty much never happens nowadays. ;)

Hopefully this crowd sourcing model of video game development (Minecraft, KSP, FTL, etc) will change that. I realize all the one I mentioned are not individuals, but their model works for the sole developer model.

This style of development, IMO, really cultivates a different kind of game. I mean, all the big guys seem to come out with any more is the yearly Modern Warfare/BlackOps/Battlefield drab. Like sports games, how many places can you have a fire-fight, I mean really lol.
"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."

Yarkista

Moved, please put topics in the correct sub forum next time.

Thanks ;)