The Savage Tribe

Started by kclace, March 18, 2020, 09:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

Mods: Faction Control, Friendly Tribal faction, rough outlander, and pirate faction.
[I added royalty once the game had started, not sure if that will affect anything]
Cassandra Savage:
Planet: Temperature second possible coldest. Average rain fall.

Scenario: Savage Tribe [Gains 1 wanderer every 3 days]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2020121012

Story to follow: Note if the game ends stupidly, the story will not have a "happy ending."

kclace

A huddled mass of tribesmen gathered around a campfire on a  cold blistering night.

Lore keeper: Oi ladda men! Yah listen now all of yah! The lorekeeper speaks. What I tell yah you must remember, and tell it to the young ones. Pass it down so that everyone knows the important things.

Illus! That is the name we give to our our world, the sky, the trees, the ground, the sea. It is our world, fashioned from emptiness by the great machines of old. Fashioned for us to wander the forests, pick the berries from the bush and hunt the great beasts. So it was in the beginning and so it is today.

But alas, the great machines fell asleep, for our sacrifices to them were insufficient. And so, the sky people came to settle in our lands, and to take our lands for themselves.

Many a tribe has cowered before their might. Some of youz today have even traded with the sky people. And for that I say repent with your blood for you are a traitor in need of cleasing. But there are some chiefs that take a stand. They fight to reclaim our sacred lands, so that they shall be made safe for the return of the great machines.

This is the story of one such tribe one such Chieftain and his war. The story is a tragedy. But it is a glorious tragedy, for the spirits of this tribe continue to walk ILUS, urging us on in this war to reclaim our lands.

I will tell you this story now...and you will pass it on.

kclace

Lorekeeper: In that day, the sky people known as the outlanders made a new settlement deep within our sacred lands. Many of our kin were eager to trade and sell themselves into the outlander's impurities, but Chief Corocho of the Black Bear Tribe resisted that temptation. Instead he sent out the call to war. He summoned the tribe and gave a thunderous speech. He spoke of the injustices visited upon us by the outlanders and how they had brought death, disease and famine to our people by defiling our sacred lands. Now the blood machines demanded a sacrifice and it would be the outlanders!

And such a forceful call it was that tribesmen from all the great clans flocked to join the burgeoning crusade. Brothers, cousins, entire bloodlines came to join that great crusade. And they eagerly awaited great glories to come.

kclace

But before the great war could commence, the Chief ordered that his tribe make camp upon the land for a time. For then he could wait a time to amass a  large host. And so they made their camp, fashioned weapons, hunted beasts, and even planted potatoes. Now it is not like our people to stay in one place for very long, but the Chief needed time to rally our people.

Alas though, it wasn't long before the fates turned against the great chief. First, a herd of caribou turned mad, gravely injuring many. Then, a cold snap destroyed their potatoe crop. That foolish Chief. He should have known that Ilus is too cold a world for the ground to bear fruit. That is why our people wander!

In desperation, the Chief ordered his people to commence an attack at once on the outlander encampment. They would feast on the corpses of their enemies before winter set in to finish them off with hunger. But that first muster ended abruptly when firekeeper Cano tried to murder lady Shrilla. The tribe let them fight, as might make right. Cano nearly succeeded in his murderous plot. He downed the lady and was about to thrust his knife with the finishing blow but was stopped at the last moment by Shrilla's brother Leto. And there was great emnity between them, and there remains emnity between their descendents to this very day. 

kclace

Lorekeeper:

Now there were pirates in those days, as there are now. And they had heard of the great Chief's plans and decided to put a stop to it. So they sent five of their best. Yes five of their best against 15 of the great Chief's. Their guns were no match for our steel blades and arrows. The slaughter was glorious and the tribe feasted well that night. One of the pirates was captured so that the Chief could make a spectacle of him. A public execution before the tribe;s idol. Alas, the tribe feasted well the next night as well!

kclace

Lorekeeper: But Alas, the pirate raid had injured many, which meant less hunters and gatherers to find food. On top of that the cold season was setting in. The tribe was in dire straights now. Many gave into despair and could even be seen wandering aimlessly about. But one woman in particular went much further than that.

Her name is unknown, for it was not worth remembering. But her actions are now infamous. What did she do? She decided to leave the tribe, to give up the chief's great crusade. But when she tried to leave she was struck down by a bolt of lightning and caught fire! (Yes this happened in the game).

The warriors looked to the chief for guidance. And the chief spoke: "Rescue her, so that she may repent and dwell among us again." And they did.

But not everyone in the tribe agreed. Some questioned the chief. They said: Would it not be more fitting to have let her burn, so that she be a fitting sacrifice to the great machine?" But the chief would not answer them.

Looking back on the histories, we now know it was the chief's greatest folly.

kclace

Lorekeeper: The story of the great chief ended just before the start of winter. At this point starvation was taking hold as far too many warriors had arrived and there was not enough food to go around.

At this point, a great temptaion was presented to the chief. A shaman caravan arrived in the village. Some of the warriors came to the chief and said. "We have nothing to barter with this shaman, but we have ample warriors. Let us take by force his ancient artifacts and feast upon his muffalo. This will ensure your greatness."

But the chief refused. He admonished them and sent them away. The Chief  would not go back on his word. He had offered the shaman's caravan hospitality and would not descend into treachery. He had passed the great temptation.

But purity alone would not feed the tribe. There was no recourse but to attack. So for a second time, the chief summoned his warriors and they went to attack the outlander's base. At last, there would be war.

They reached the outlander's base, half starved, but resolute in their determination. They knew that if they prevailed they would feast mightily, and there would be great treasures to reap as well.

With a thunderous roar, they charged the barricades, and over they went. They cut and slahsed with their knives and here and there, an outlander went down. But all throughout the melee, the clatter of shotgun and machine gun raked through flesh until none were standing.

The great machines did not smile on the chief, and his great war had ended. But it is said that the great Chief's spirit and that of his tribe live on, they walk these lands, and guide us to victory. And yes we're having our victories now, eh! So feast on the flesh of the outlanders tonight and remember the great chief that started it all. May he live on forever in the all the histories of our world!

kclace

Just a few notes on the scenario: Savage tribe. Because I made the planet so cold, food was the biggest challenge, especially when starting out with such a big tribe, and the extra pawn you get every 3 days.

I tried the scenario a second time and had more success. The second time around, I just raided "ancient danger" stole the goodies, and sold some of the excess goodies for food, then I'd move on to a new location and repeat.

I got my revenge when I used a psychic animal insanity lancer to take out a pirate base. Then I really got a lot of goodies. Amazingly, two herds of caribou and a bear took down the entire base, I couldn't believe it.