[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Greeeeaaat neeews everyooone! I've fixed the poison slime pipes updated the thing for A17!

Apparello v2.1.0
------------------

Changes - Polished various hat textures a bit
- Quilting no longer needs to be researched, unless Tribal starting scenario is used.
- Gasmasks now provide toxic protection since it was a possible thing to do since alpha 14 which I didn't even notice.
- Repurposed Bandit's hat and scarf and Vandal's cap and scarf. They're now just scarves.

Fixed - Lot of descriptions to my best abilities, Lot of them should be more descriptive now and with better grammar (hopefully)
- Completely random capitalization of labels

Removed - Pattern Designer
- Plastic

faltonico

cuproPanda

cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

IHateRegistering

Thanks for the update. I feel bad for asking this, but have you considered a headgear frame patch?

Please don't hit me

pktongrimworld

Dragoon

The file name is ApparelloA17? Damnit Shinzy  :'(  I thought we talked about this. You can't name the file like this cause if you update then with new stuff we will have to either have the game telling us were missing files or we manually have to rename it back to what it was.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

Quote from: Dragoon on June 09, 2017, 02:55:42 PM
The file name is ApparelloA17? Damnit Shinzy  :'(  I thought we talked about this. You can't name the file like this cause if you update then with new stuff we will have to either have the game telling us were missing files or we manually have to rename it back to what it was.

But you shouldn't have any other ApparelloA17 in any of your A17 mod folders to begin with!

Shinzy

Just a quick update with a fix :p
I fumbled up the toxic resistance so that it would make pawns weaker against it :-[

Thundercraft

A17 update? Coolness!  8)

Quote from: Dragoon on June 09, 2017, 02:55:42 PMThe file name is ApparelloA17? Damnit Shinzy  :'(  I thought we talked about this. You can't name the file like this cause if you update then with new stuff we will have to either have the game telling us were missing files or we manually have to rename it back to what it was.
Quote from: Shinzy on June 09, 2017, 03:12:44 PMBut you shouldn't have any other ApparelloA17 in any of your A17 mod folders to begin with!

I believe Dragoon is correct. If you append the folder name with a version number, then when the game updates down the road and you release a new version with a new folder name (e.g., "ApparelloA18"), players that install the new version will probably just unzip in their /mods/ folder. That will create a new, separate folder and the game will see two versions of the mod.

Even if they delete the old "ApparelloA17" folder, this will likely confuse the game and generate error messages.

Regardless, I consider that a poor modding practice. Keeping the folder name consistent between mod versions is less likely to cause problems. You can have the .zip archive named "Apparello_A17.zip" or whatever, without issue. But I think it's better to rename the .zip to do that, instead of renaming the folder.

Shinzy

But each alpha has their own directory with empty mod folder
and if you replace the old mod folder with the new one any old files that are no longer in the new version (i.e. merged/separated/renamed xml files etc) would stay in said folder, then causing problems that way with outdated/duplicate defs

or am I missing something? :-[

witchyspoon

shinzy is correct. if you just unzip in /mod and overwrite you could end up with leftover files (that have been deleted from the newer version) and those for sure would cause problems. this way you have the new version of the mod in a seperate folder and can just delete the old one. I dont see how deleting the old would cause problems. It will get deactivated in the modlist ingame anyway bc of incorrect targetversion.

kaptain_kavern

Oh yes it happened that way ^^ Scratched my head a lot with errors like that when mods "evolve"

A good practise, modding/gaming or not, is to erase/uninstall old versions before setting up new ones

Dragoon

Quote from: Shinzy on June 15, 2017, 06:20:47 AM
But each alpha has their own directory with empty mod folder
and if you replace the old mod folder with the new one any old files that are no longer in the new version (i.e. merged/separated/renamed xml files etc) would stay in said folder, then causing problems that way with outdated/duplicate defs

or am I missing something? :-[

ActuallyI was refering to updating for instance jtools and older versions of rimsonel. When they update the mod folder itself has a new name even if it's a small update, which casues errors unless you rename the folder to fit in with the mod enabled.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 15, 2017, 10:33:54 AM
Oh yes it happened that way ^^ Scratched my head a lot with errors like that when mods "evolve"

A good practise, modding/gaming or not, is to erase/uninstall old versions before setting up new ones

I don't think anyone here was referring to just dropping the files in the old folder and overwriting the files, but rather to what was said above when in order for the game to throw no errors you have to delete everything in the folder, but not the folder itself then drop the stuff into it. Other wise you get errors, about a mod missing which in turn causes problems.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

witchyspoon

but the game doesnt care what the folder is named! it only cares about whats it called in the About.xml