[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

An entire raiding party of cannibals wearing chef hats would be awesome.

NoImageAvailable

So I've been trying to produce kevlar coated armor but for some reason about 25% of the time my colonists will just take all the ingredients for the kevlar armor but only give me a crappy metal coated armor. Does anyone know what's up with that?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Shinzy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 27, 2014, 12:45:15 AM
So I've been trying to produce kevlar coated armor but for some reason about 25% of the time my colonists will just take all the ingredients for the kevlar armor but only give me a crappy metal coated armor. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Really? =D I did not know that could even happen! I think I may have to change the recipe so that it doesn't use anything count as "stuff" other than the fabrics
It's a shame metal doesn't seem to have any armor modifiers
(gave me some ideas though! I need to study this a bit!)

Thanks for letting me know! That is a bit of an bummer if you've gathered some harder to come by stuff and your colonist decides that metal is actually much prettier material ;D

now excuse me while I go kick my toe on a doorway

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Shinzy on October 27, 2014, 09:49:19 AM

Really? =D I did not know that could even happen! I think I may have to change the recipe so that it doesn't use anything count as "stuff" other than the fabrics

Thanks for letting me know! That is a bit of an bummer if you've gathered some harder to come by stuff and your colonist decides that metal is actually much prettier material ;D

This sounds similar to an actual bug in-game before A7 was released. The testers notices that the hats would take whatever material was available and the resulting hat would be whatever the majority of the material was (24 cotton and 26 hyperweave would result in a hyperweave hat, giving you the better hat out of a lot of lesser material. Tynan fixed it for A7 before it was released, but I wonder if this issue is related.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

SundayTuesday

Maybe Armor Systems based on the ones from Command And Conquer?

Thought they looked pretty cool.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Shinzy on October 27, 2014, 09:49:19 AM

I'm hoping there is a fix soon, by now I need to produce 5+ pieces of vendor trash just to get one actual product and its getting really annoying, not to mention the resource drain.

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 29, 2014, 01:04:45 AM
GDI scum. the Brotherhood of NOD will destroy you. ;)

...with style!

If the Tiberian Sun Nod armor (or even just the helmet) was added to the game I would be happy beyond belief. My colonists would wear nothing else, ever.

Igabod

Hey Shinzy, looks like you re-introduced a bug you previously squashed. A picture is all you need I'm sure. Ignore the part on the right, that's just my 2nd monitor. I forgot to crop the image before I uploaded it to imgur. [edit to add] Also, the frequency of the new traders is insane. I got 4 tailor traders at the same time. And in a little under an hour of playing I never saw any traders other than the new one except one slave trader (hence the naked dude in my colonists bar on top)

Shinzy

Quote from: Igabod on October 29, 2014, 07:19:57 AM
Hey Shinzy, looks like you re-introduced a bug you previously squashed. A picture is all you need I'm sure. Ignore the part on the right, that's just my 2nd monitor. I forgot to crop the image before I uploaded it to imgur. [edit to add] Also, the frequency of the new traders is insane. I got 4 tailor traders at the same time. And in a little under an hour of playing I never saw any traders other than the new one except one slave trader (hence the naked dude in my colonists bar on top)

Okay! that explains everything! apparently you can wear multiple items on same layer if they don't protect the same body parts!
I wonder if that's intended or not.. Holy moley, mon! you can wear the science goggles with anything that doesn't protect the eyes! =O
This is amazing! I hope it's not a bug (cause I wanan utilize this!)

I don't know what's up with the traders though, on my playthrough they've been extremely rare
yesterday I got 5-6 slave traders in a row, though
it could be just freak coinsidence?

*fixed the pants issue btw, haven't updated yet, though, will do on the weekend*

Edit: p.s. SundayTuesday - NoImageAva, I've added the helmets in my list of hats ;P don't know *when* i'll do those but I'll do them (it's a long list and I don't do them in any order so it could take a while or it could not) and I wanan do some generic combat armor at some point too
but likely not gna make specifically c&c armor

Edit2: Igabod! you know you're really quite amazing! just for reporting the bug ;D
I could in theory make individual apparel for each bodypart group now *excited*

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Shinzy on October 29, 2014, 07:57:04 AMOkay! that explains everything! apparently you can wear multiple items on same layer if they don't protect the same body parts!
I wonder if that's intended or not.. Holy moley, mon! you can wear the science goggles with anything that doesn't protect the eyes! =O
This is amazing! I hope it's not a bug (cause I wanan utilize this!)

A bug I keep forgetting to report related to this: if your colonists have multiple clothes on the same layer and put on something overlapping with both of them they will only unequip one item. So if your colonist has pants (covers legs) and a t-shirt (covers torso) and puts on a jump suit (covers both) he might only put down his pants and wear the jump suit with the t-shirt. Other combinations are also possible like jump suit + pants or regular + light power armor.

Igabod

ummm I'm not sure how the bug with pants spawning in the lower left corner of the map relates to the discovery with science goggles and a hat being wearable at the same time. But yay! Glad I could help.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Shinzy on October 29, 2014, 07:57:04 AM
I could in theory make individual apparel for each bodypart group now *excited*

Halter tops?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

skullywag

The lower left thing happens with the crashed escape pod rescue incident as well. Youll see the blood of the pawn and a pistol sometimes. So it might be a core game bug.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sleeeper

Igabod