[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on November 03, 2014, 11:03:42 AM
But your not limited to xml only lazy ass :D
Shush! Giving yourself limits feeds your resolve and creativity!

..Atleast that's how I go with it ::) *ahem*

NoImageAvailable

So, about that metalcoating bug? See attachment :-\

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Shinzy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 03, 2014, 04:01:27 PM
I was just about to come inform that it hasn't been fixed =P *sigh* I set all the materials to <canmakeapparel>False
I thought it'd fixed it, especially after trying crafting the item nearly dozen times
ofc right now I just made 3 pieces of them in my own game and BAM! this comes up

I'll have to just make them not be able to be made from Stuff
the system doesn't seem to be able to handle stuff being crafted from multiple things =/ *sob*
I still have one ace up my sleeve though, I could make (possibly) those things their very own materials
for some dash of color but :'(

it seemed to be occuring much rarerrrly though (but I can't be sure)

MisterLock

Shinzy you've been doing wonderfull work with this aparrel man.

Bless your socks!
To each his own.

Timber

Another update already? And here I was trying to get on with my life...
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Killaim

love the update :)

had hoped the scrapping of items would yield the materials it was made off - though strangely enough it does color it the right color (but its cloth)

keep up the good work :)

and gl with the coat bug! it seems complicated O.o

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Shinzy on November 03, 2014, 04:14:52 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 03, 2014, 04:01:27 PM
I was just about to come inform that it hasn't been fixed =P *sigh* I set all the materials to <canmakeapparel>False
I thought it'd fixed it, especially after trying crafting the item nearly dozen times
ofc right now I just made 3 pieces of them in my own game and BAM! this comes up

I'll have to just make them not be able to be made from Stuff
the system doesn't seem to be able to handle stuff being crafted from multiple things =/ *sob*
I still have one ace up my sleeve though, I could make (possibly) those things their very own materials
for some dash of color but :'(

it seemed to be occuring much rarerrrly though (but I can't be sure)

Can you make armor coated armor with armor filling, though?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shinzy

Quote from: Timber on November 03, 2014, 07:47:53 PM
Another update already? And here I was trying to get on with my life...
whoo needs a life when you can play games right! better shelve it entirely for the time being
I'll have to update yet again very very soon, I don't wanan leave the metal coated stuff hanging for too long =P
And I have cupla ideas what I could do with it
you know! if the armor coating doesn't play nice with Shinzy; Shinzy must play nice with armor coating.. and in soviet colony armor coats you! (I'm kinda excited actually! if what I think I can do with it can be done that is! if not then it'll be very veery lame) Edit: yup it looks like it's gna be very very lame

Killaim, getting the recipe to return materials the thing was made from back would require some "real modding skills" <- do not have
The crafts do derive their color from the stuffprops of the item though =P so that's why they're coloured same as the scrapped item! it's pretty cool!
(could make colored cloth very easily but who wants to make clothes out of cloth! nobody that's who! duuuh)

And yes mr.Q coming right up! would you like paper bag ..or plastic? with the offchance of being coated in metal

Timber

I've been thinking about making an armor stand mod that holds sets of gear and equips it on colonists on interaction but with all the new changes I don't know how much of that work would be salvageable when the new alpha rolls out.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Shinzy

Quote from: Timber on November 04, 2014, 04:41:11 AM
I've been thinking about making an armor stand mod that holds sets of gear and equips it on colonists on interaction but with all the new changes I don't know how much of that work would be salvageable when the new alpha rolls out.

better start now and be sorry later ;P if you're able to do it for A7 you'll have more knowledge as to how you would go about it for A8 if it does break horribly ;D
(and I would love you big time for making something like that)

Killaim

huh.. would think if item name has "hyperthread" in name then drop hyperthread cloth ?

or do you not have access to that.. i duno im horrible at coding and is been years.

but my first thought was a long if or else list of all the material types call on when the mateirla is dumped .

but i will take your word for it :) Thanx again :3

Shinzy

Quote from: Killaim on November 04, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
huh.. would think if item name has "hyperthread" in name then drop hyperthread cloth ?

or do you not have access to that.. i duno im horrible at coding and is been years.

but my first thought was a long if or else list of all the material types call on when the mateirla is dumped .

Oh it does sound real simple I know! but it can't be done through the xml files alone
So I'd have to turn towards the 'real modding' and do some actual coding which would just take me
further away from the things I like to do (textures) towards the stuff that I find extremely frustrating ;D
And there's no way I'll do that for just getting correct material from scrapping cloths =P

That kinda thing would be better done by someone who has the skill to make it work and keep it working =P
I'll just make do with the tools I have! and my blessed socks!

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 01:51:08 PM

That kinda thing would be better done by someone who has the skill to make it work and keep it working =P

*raises hand* I do solemnly swear to help you get this system working once A8 rolls around.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on November 04, 2014, 02:23:59 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 01:51:08 PM

*raises hand* I do solemnly swear to help you get this system working once A8 rolls around.
I volunteer Jellie and Mrofa and Minnie (any any other stray-pair of eyes) as my witnesses  for this!
backing down at this point is deemed illegal! ;D
(thank you!)

Evul

Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 02:42:13 PMI volunteer Jellie and Mrofa and Minnie (any any other stray-pair of eyes) as my witnesses  for this!
backing down at this point is deemed illegal! ;D
(thank you!)
Noted :P
I will probably have a bunch of problems to when alpha 8 comes around. xD