[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Good work on the table. I only have one suggestion:
You should compress the table so it isn't that wide and becomes easier to see which bonuses the items give. Maybe separate them by category (medicine bonuses, crafting, shooting, etc...) or just put all the bonuses in one column, even though that might now exactly be what would be best...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Love

Any plans on supporting the A16 beta? I really can't go back to A15, A16 is just so amazing.

Shinzy

Quote from: Love on December 19, 2016, 09:40:23 AM
Any plans on supporting the A16 beta? I really can't go back to A15, A16 is just so amazing.
A16 is amazing! But no I don't think I will have this up for the unstable branch

Thundercraft

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:29:33 AM
You should compress the table so it isn't that wide and becomes easier to see which bonuses the items give.

The reason that the table is so wide is because there are about seventy-five columns! And that's because there's a lot of data. Just to do the clothing layers any justice requires a lot of space. But that's because RimWorld's Clothing Layers system is so complicated.

I made the table with that in mind. But it's rather difficult when RimWorld's .XML tags have huge names like "FixBrokenDownBuildingFailChance", "ButcheryMechanoidEfficiency" and "GlobalLearningFactor". Ordinarily, those would make very wide categories. But I made efficient use of horizontal space with abbreviations and using multiple lines, like this:
Fix Butcher Learn
Build Mech Factor
Fail% Effici.

Also, it's not uncommon for an item to have three Tags, such as: Military, Outlander, Spacer. Some, like the Trader's Coat, have four. And some have multiple thingCategories. The Trader's Paddy hat has four, but I cheated by squeezing it into three columns.

Anyway, I had to choose between optimizing the wiki table for readability and making it sortable by nearly every potential category. I chose the latter.

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:29:33 AM
Maybe separate them by category (medicine bonuses, crafting, shooting, etc...)

I did not separate by categories. But, most categories were grouped by similarities. For instance, all the butcher skills are next to each other, just as all the medical skills, cooking skills, and, yes, all the combat skills are together. Shooting accuracy is between Aiming delay and Melee Hit Chance. And right next to those are Personal Shield Recharge Rate and Personal Shield Energy Max, since they are related to combat.

Perhaps my layout is not ideal. But I'm just one person who spent far too many late-night hours on it. And I might be willing to tweak it - if I can find a good WYSIWYG editor for MediaWiki tables. As it is, I'd have to edit my spreadsheet file, export it all over again, and make a lot of manual edits to the MediaWiki code to make it look the same.

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:29:33 AM...or just put all the bonuses in one column, even though that might now exactly be what would be best...

I considered doing that. But, again, I wanted a table that I could sort by each category. That would be impossible if I lumped all the bonuses together in one column. Besides, if you include armor buffs, some apparel have 9 or more buffs/debuffs. Can you imagine how much space it would take to fit all of that in a single column?

From what you're saying, I suspect that my Apparello - Stats.txt text file may be similar to what you're looking for. It's a simple text file with all of the stats immediately under the apparel name. Just press [CTRL]+[F] to search for a keyword, like "Tribal shoulderpads", and you can see everything about it with a glance.

Alternatively, you could sort the table by Main Category, 2nd Category, and 3rd Category. The "A.panties" is for all leggings, "A.hats" is for hats, "Medical set" is for medicine, "Handling Set" is for animal handling/training, "Rachel Set" is for shooting, "Wombat Set" is for general combat, "Construct Set" for construction, etc, etc.

P.S.: I just made a slight tweak of the spreadsheets in my earlier post. Mostly, I fixed a few typos I had missed.

joaonunes

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 19, 2016, 07:05:32 PM
The reason that the table is so wide is because there are about seventy-five columns!

*Snip*

Anyway, I had to choose between optimizing the wiki table for readability and making it sortable by nearly every potential category. I chose the latter.

Yes, I am quite aware of that, and I made the suggestion to group the stats by category for readability which would unfortunaly remove the ordering system to see which has the best stats

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:29:33 AM...or just put all the bonuses in one column, even though that might not exactly be what would be best...

Typo there...
But yeah, it would be bad to put everything into a single column and I acknowledged it right when I gave the suggestion. The Apparello - Stats.txt file is good, although situational. It's not bad as it is (the table), but it feels a bit overextended due to facts you stated above. The items could be separated by item type (cant remember if they are already...), for example one table for hats, one for pants, etc... Just that would be fine, it is more of an ease of use issue... Imagine someone is trying to see which pants give the highest insulation. The top score will probably go to some random jacket, forcing the user to look for the trousers closest to the top. Just a suggestion :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

faltonico

Quote from: Shinzy on April 22, 2016, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: qurffe on April 22, 2016, 01:42:27 PM
So i got this resource called Plastic and i couldnt get it hauled to stockpile, so i checked its information and was told to report it to "entity known as Shinzy"....

I dont really know how i got it exactly, but it was propably from taking apart clothes using mod called Reclaim Fabric by Skullywag.

Yeah those are for the eyewear only. They're uncraftable and the plastic itself shouldn't be able to be acquired through any vanilla means so I didn't want them to show up in the storage zones either.

Skullywag is usually to blame when something goes wrong
Thanks for letting me know! I did write that mostly for people who'd try to spawn it in for whatever reason ;D
If you can't bomb the plastic with grenades you can delete it with the dev mode "destroy" tool, just be careful not to poke any of your colonists with it =P
And try not to reclaim more goggles! ;D Sorry about that, you have my permission to bash skully

on a side note: small update
there were two hats missing (Gasmask and the Morion)
and the Caravaneer's hat recipe was totally bugged. So I fixed those

Edit: I had a chat wif skully about the plastic thing! You won't be able to use his reclamator machine thing on my goggles next time I update this mod, which I hope won't be any time soon ;D
I just find out that the Talior's Loom table from Vegetable Garden can also decompose some apparels to plastic and titanium too.
Please make this more visible in the front page... i freaked out when i saw this error spamming the console xD

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumStockpile7202072: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.IsChunk (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.ReceiveThing (Verse.Thing thingToReceive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.ProcessCell (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.QuantumStockpileTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can you please make them so i can haul them somewhere instead of using dev mode to delete them?, pretty please??

Beathrus

Its been to long! But I am back! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ And need neat-o Clothing from Shinzy! Did we ever get hats of big tree eaters?

Zombra

I loved the tiny standalone Shinzy made that allowed pants to appear visually (without adding all the other stuff) ... anyone know how to make that work in A16?

shadowblasta

I was just curious if this mod is still alive. I really loved it and want it for A 16

Umbrador

I made an update for A16 for my own use, it works as i can see. There were only few red strings in dev console, wasn't hard to fix them. I can share if only Shinzy doesn't mind.

razorts

Quote from: Umbrador on December 25, 2016, 01:49:02 AM
I made an update for A16 for my own use, it works as i can see. There were only few red strings in dev console, wasn't hard to fix them. I can share if only Shinzy doesn't mind.
Share it please, we can ask forgiveness together later :)

Shinzy

Quote from: Umbrador on December 25, 2016, 01:49:02 AM

This is fine! I'm doing some slightly bigger changes for the a16 update anyway

Thundercraft

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:22:21 PM
...The items could be separated by item type (cant remember if they are already...), for example one table for hats, one for pants, etc... Just that would be fine, it is more of an ease of use issue... Imagine someone is trying to see which pants give the highest insulation. The top score will probably go to some random jacket, forcing the user to look for the trousers closest to the top. Just a suggestion :D

I really did not want to edit even more lines of MediaWiki code by hand. And I worry about trying to maintain several separate tables when Apparello gets an update that changes stats and/or adds new stuff. However, I do see your point.

Anyway, I've now added separate tables for leggings, armor, miscellaneous, eyewear, and headgear:
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Apparello_(mod)

Note, however, that I kept my original huge table so we can still sort all apparel by categories or columns. If you want to see the new tables, then you'll need to scroll down more than halfway.

BTW: I used the term "armor" rather loosely: It includes power armor and any non-headgear with high Armor: blunt and/or Armor: sharp, including the shield. And "miscellaneous" includes any non-headgear that doesn't fit the other categories. I sort-of wanted to split headgear further, but I couldn't find a good way to do that. So I settled for just splitting off the eyewear.

Attached below is the spreadsheet that I split into said categories, for those who may want it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Cpt. DuctTape