[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbrador

Quote from: Cpt. DuctTape on December 26, 2016, 07:59:54 AM
Thank you very much for this! I've been using this mod for quite a while, and A16 felt empty without it :)

Better say thanks to Shinzy. Editing few strings cannot be compared to making it from scratch. I can't imagine Rimworld without his outfits too. It must be ingame.

Cpt. DuctTape

Quote from: Umbrador on December 26, 2016, 09:13:50 AM
Thank you very much for this! I've been using this mod for quite a while, and A16 felt empty without it :)

Better say thanks to Shinzy. Editing few strings cannot be compared to making it from scratch. I can't imagine Rimworld without his outfits too. It must be ingame.

You are absolutely right! Thank you Shinzy, for making this awesome mod! :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Cpt. DuctTape on December 27, 2016, 05:48:59 PM

Yer welcome captain!

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on December 28, 2016, 08:55:57 PM
Quote from: Cpt. DuctTape on December 27, 2016, 05:48:59 PM

Yer welcome captain!

Shinzy I love all your mods. Just want to say, after my 5th bug infestation (Now on 7th), I really wish they had more use than nasty meat and Jelly.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Shinzy on July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM...
- Prototype apparel , Unlocks few curious items for crafting. Just a bit flavour for the end game mostly.

Shinzy, are you certain that these prototype items are actually obtainable in-game? No matter how hard I try, I've been unable to either craft these or buy them from an orbital trader:
  • Prototype scyther frame
  • Prototype hive armor
  • Prototype Steamhull
In a game I started to test and develop mods, with dev mode on, I have the Electric tailoring bench, Machining table, Tinkering bench, Pattern designer, Schematic cabinet, Hi-tech research bench, and Multi-analyzer. And I used the dev mode's [Finish all research] button. And I've checked and rechecked the Machining table, Tinkering bench, and Electric tailoring bench to craft these prototype items... But the only one I can find is the Prototype nerve-enhancer.

I've even tried this in conjunction with the Tech Advancing mod to advance my colony's tech level beyond Industrial. But nothing changed. :'(

I've also used dev mode's [Replace all trade ships] button to repeatedly change the trade ships, looking for these mythical prototype armors. I literally skimmed through over a hundred trade ships (many of them combat suppliers) looking for these items. I can find Power armor, Power armor helmet, and Light power armor. But the only "prototype" item I could find is, again, the Prototype nerve-enhancer.

Looking at Apparel_RareTheHippogryff.xml, where these items are defined, I see that they lack <costList> tags. They also use the "ApparelloRareBase" abstract (defined in Apparel_Stuffless_And_Bases.xml), which also lacks <costList> tags. To me, this suggests that they are not craftable because they've not been defined as such.

For that matter, I suspect that there are a few other items which are not actually obtainable. I wasn't looking for it, but I don't recall seeing the Medic's powered armor, either. And, again, it is missing <costList> tags and uses the "ApparelloRareBase" abstract.

Edit:
While I'm at it, I also noticed that the Prototype scyther frame, Prototype hive armor, and Prototype Steamhull all have a <MarketValue> of 1000. For one thing, I doubt all three of these would have the same market value. For another, 1000 seems absurdly cheap. (The Medic's powered armor is even cheaper at 850.) You may want to compare your power armor apparel with vanilla Power armor and use that as a reference point or base:

<statBases>
      <WorkToMake>170000</WorkToMake>
      <MaxHitPoints>400</MaxHitPoints>
      <MarketValue>4500</MarketValue>
      <Mass>15</Mass>
      <ArmorRating_Blunt>0.35</ArmorRating_Blunt>
      <ArmorRating_Sharp>0.65</ArmorRating_Sharp>
      <ArmorRating_Heat>0.30</ArmorRating_Heat>
      <Insulation_Cold>-45</Insulation_Cold>
    </statBases>
    <equippedStatOffsets>
      <MoveSpeed>-0.10</MoveSpeed>
      <WorkSpeedGlobal>-0.10</WorkSpeedGlobal>
    </equippedStatOffsets>
    <costList>
      <Component>18</Component>
      <Plasteel>135</Plasteel>
    </costList>

(Reminder: All of your apparel lacks <Mass> tags. But that's perfectly understandable since this is new to A16 and you haven't released an official A16 update yet.)

Shinzy

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 31, 2016, 09:40:48 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM...
- Prototype apparel , Unlocks few curious items for crafting. Just a bit flavour for the end game mostly.

Shinzy, are you certain that these prototype items are actually obtainable in-game? No matter how hard I try, I've been unable to either craft these or buy them from an orbital trader:

-snip snap-

Oh this is intended! there's quite a bit of "unique" items, indestructable and so that only way to get is through luck (I want them to feel special)
the low price is so that enemies can afford to buy them
these items should not be available through traders either
and now with the deadman debuff I feel like it works even better imo :p

But I'll be totes macgotes revising all the craftables again cause of the debuff thing

Hayhorse

So are you working on updating the mod to A16 or is it already compatable?

Beathrus

Quote from: Hayhorse on January 04, 2017, 05:39:00 PM
So are you working on updating the mod to A16 or is it already compatable?

The Shinzy is working on it. If you read back a bit, someone made a solid substitute version for now until Shinzy is ready.

Thundercraft

The "substitute version" you mention has a tiny flaw:

In Tinkerer.XML, the Tinkering bench and the Pattern designer both still have <WorkToMake> tags.

Thing is, as of A16, <WorkToMake> tags no longer work properly for buildings (and only buildings). This does not generate an error. However, not fixing this means that the building will not require any work to build. (You just rename the <WorkToMake> tags to <WorkToBuild> tags to fix.) Just an FYI...

noble116

Just want to say thanks for the great mod, used it back in the earlier alphas and loved it, however there is something that seems to be missing currently, and that is boots and gloves, is it planned to add them back in with the official 16 update? My poor colonists keep loosing fingers and toes

Trigon

Doesn't that just mean building is instant? IIRC that was the case with most mods where such an update occurred.

Khaosius789

So, in the mean time, how do I get the version Umbra uploaded to work? It says it has the incorrect version in console, but none of the items show up in game.

Shinzy

Quote from: Khaosius789 on March 22, 2017, 06:50:41 AM
So, in the mean time, how do I get the version Umbra uploaded to work? It says it has the incorrect version in console, but none of the items show up in game.
From the previous page (64)
Quote from: Umbrador on December 25, 2016, 09:47:08 AM
Then here it is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/00xpwh0d5f11r24/ApparelloA16.rar?dl=0

if that is the one you tried then I cannot say what's wrong as it runs without error
but based on what you say the console shows it seems you've accidentally grabbed the wrong copy

Khaosius789

Haha, I was silly and failed to extract the actual mod out from the folder. Works fine. Looking forward to your official update Shinzy! Your mod is like, indispensable to my Rimworld experience.

Shinzy

I did it!

quick patchwork job for a16, it has none of the stuff I've been working on very hard all this time
just the previous version brought to this alpha

http://www.mediafire.com/file/txx7iqagd2b39wp/Apparello.zip

Also I recommend using Lazzie's Research tab with this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31083.msg318278#msg318278
Cause I didn't even bother fiddling with the new research coordinate things, so they're dotted all over the tab in vanilla