[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tgr

Is there any way to make it so that urban trousers disable any other pants?

It makes sense for, say, overalls from FashionRimsta to allow another layer of pants under, but pawns are constantly spawning wearing urban trousers over their pants, and it's kind of weird.

Tgr

In fact, as the level of points for raids and visitors increases, I believe that almost *every* pawn that does not spawn with some form of clothing that can't be worn with urban trousers spawns with urban trousers. It's easily like 70% of group is wearing them for some reason.

Maybe switch them to the pants layer and add the suspenders from these pants to the middle layer attached to a belt??

Shinzy

Quote from: TREH on March 28, 2017, 04:44:22 AM
In fact, as the level of points for raids and visitors increases, I believe that almost *every* pawn that does not spawn with some form of clothing that can't be worn with urban trousers spawns with urban trousers. It's easily like 70% of group is wearing them for some reason.

Maybe switch them to the pants layer and add the suspenders from these pants to the middle layer attached to a belt??

Oh, thanks! I originally had them on both layers, I'm not too sure why I changed them to middle only anymore ;D if you want to instantly change that grab the xml file in the attachments (need to be logged in to download it) and drop it in with the mod's files at
Rimworld/Mods/Apparello/Defs/ThingDefs and replace the old file with it

It'll change the suspender pants to use both middle and OnSkin layers

if you're using steam I recommend grabbing the version from the forums and use it locally instead of the workshop version cause I believe might try to auto-update any changes you make on it?
I'm not too familiar with how mods work through workshop, but I don't trust them one bit! *grumble*

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on March 29, 2017, 04:10:49 AM
Only shinzy could wear trousers wrong......
But only Wallace wears the wrong trousers!
*high five*

Mythos

Hey there,

when I'm crafting a Medic's bandana I'm getting following two exceptions upon completion. The unfinished bandana is then lost, also not getting a finished one.

MakeThing error: Tried to make UnfinishedApparel from HerbalMedicine which is not a stuff. Assigning default.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ThingMaker:MakeThing(ThingDef, ThingDef)
Verse.AI.<MakeUnfinishedThingIfNeeded>c__AnonStorey416:<>m__66D()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath(LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.<GotoThing>c__AnonStorey460:<>m__6C9()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Bob, Job=DoBill A=Thing_ElectricTailoringBench194632 B=Thing_UnfinishedApparel880855 C=(99, 0, 214), Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe.CalculateDominantIngredient (Verse.AI.Job job, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ingredients) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey418.<>m__674 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.<DoRecipeWork>c__AnonStorey417:<>m__66F()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

How can I fix this problem?

Regards,
Mythos

Shinzy

Quote from: Mythos on April 22, 2017, 05:28:45 PM
Hey there,

when I'm crafting a Medic's bandana I'm getting following two exceptions upon completion. The unfinished bandana is then lost, also not getting a finished one.

How can I fix this problem?

Regards,
Mythos

Ooh! thank you
I didn't think this was still a thing that could happen
In all likelyhood you could make another medic's bandana and it would be fine
It seems really rarely, it tries to pick the herbal medicine as the stuff it's made of and bug out

So you don't *really* have to do anything to fix it

But to be 100% sure it won't happen again, you can "fix" it by going to your rimworld mod folder/Apparello/Defs/ThingDefs and open the file 'Hats_various.xml' (notepad works for this) and use the search tool (Ctrl+F) and search for "Nurse" and spot the bit about CostList underneath it and remove the line "<HerbalMedicine>5</HerbalMedicine>"

If you're using Steam you can find the mod files in this path

but I believe steam might try to autoupdate any changes you've made to it
so you might want to drag the mod folder (72838...) in this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods
This makes the mod as local so it won't autoupdate or anything, you'll just have to enable it ingame again and disable the steam one, the local mods are clearly marked with their own icon!

Edit: Honestly if you're using steam I kinda recommend doing this with all the mods you've subscribed to to prevent your game breaking due to mod getting updated or removed
(here's some more info on that https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.msg297381#msg297381)

But anyway! I'll have that properly fixed in the next alpha
thanks again for reporting ;D

faltonico

Hey Shinzy thank you for the mod! It has helped reduce the nonsense from medical care introduced in A16.
I was wondering if it was intended that raiders spawned so often with scrubs.

On another matter, i made spacemarines pants the same layer as normal pants... for... you know, *ajem* mobile tanks.

Mythos

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll leave it as it is for now, maybe I get one done. :P

This sounds like it's a core bug, should I post it on the bug tracker? (if possible)

Shinzy

Quote from: Mythos on April 23, 2017, 05:44:32 AM
Thanks for the fast reply! I'll leave it as it is for now, maybe I get one done. :P

This sounds like it's a core bug, should I post it on the bug tracker? (if possible)
well in theory it should work as intended, it tried to assign a default stuff for it instead of the faulty one but for some reason couldn't (you said it got erased entirely)
So it's more like I'm just abusing the system rather than it being a bug ;D

also you're welcome Faltonicooo! *highfive*
though Scrubs sound like FashionRIMsta apparel :p

faltonico

Quote from: Shinzy on April 23, 2017, 07:25:02 AM
also you're welcome Faltonicooo! *highfive*
though Scrubs sound like FashionRIMsta apparel :p
Thanks for the reply!
I'm so sorry, i didn't even consider it could be from fashionrimsta xD
It is so great both mods work together so seamlessly.

Ledaren

Hello. How can I fix bald head when wearing glasses? The pawn have custom hair

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Ledaren on May 04, 2017, 06:53:16 AM
Hello. How can I fix bald head when wearing glasses? The pawn have custom hair

It's an issue with the vanilla game, as hats and hair share the same layer. Some mods like Simple Beard Framework and Facial Stuff attempt to address the issue.

Shinzy

I was just going to reply but Goldie was faster :p thanks tato!