[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeartRay

nmid

Shinzy, I really like this mod with all it's variety!!

But I felt it was taking for EVER to make clothes for all my colonists.
When I checked the xml, I saw that the cost was really high.

I would say it is disproportionate to other items made in the game.
For eg, armored pants cost 7000 work to make? Just an eg.

Now I understand you want to make it tough to make, but even so.. it has to match up with the value of the product and the other production costs (say the thermal power plant! :D).
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Killaim

got a colony of like 43 now - not seen a single power armor (shop/loot)  plenty of pieces though (the pants) the chest ive seen 1 of

am i just super unlucky ?

would other mods that affect merchants / clothing affect this ?

Shinzy

Quote from: nmid on May 30, 2015, 06:02:54 PM

Are you using the Ninefinger's modpack version? he's streamlined the entire crafting process alot and made the costs equivalent of the vanilla stuff (Vanilla pants also have 7000 by default).
On my 'standalone' verson the crafts are very very speedy compared to most of the craftable vanilla apparel. The armored one for example is only 3500 work to make ;D

Quote from: Killaim on May 30, 2015, 08:30:17 PM
got a colony of like 43 now - not seen a single power armor (shop/loot)  plenty of pieces though (the pants) the chest ive seen 1 of

am i just super unlucky ?

would other mods that affect merchants / clothing affect this ?
Getting the pieces should be pretty common but they rarely wear the full power armor just cause of the amount of choice they have ;D I actaully have to plop the trader to carry the power armors (as they're needed to be able craft the things to begin with)
I usually go rush towards the more advanced things so I maaaaay have overlooked how hard it is to get the 'glitter tech schematics' (especailly now that it's used for lot of the crafting ingredients aswell :-[ )

I attached the TraderApp.xml in this post!
if you'll plop it in and replace the old one in Mods/Apparello/Defs/TraderKindDefs
it'll make the power armors carried quite often by the tailor goods trader!
(I hesitate to make a 'proper' update right now with the A11 right around the corner ;D)
that is all! thanks for pointing it out killy!

[attachment deleted due to age]

nmid

Quote from: Shinzy on May 31, 2015, 06:13:43 AM
Quote from: nmid on May 30, 2015, 06:02:54 PM

Are you using the Ninefinger's modpack version? he's streamlined the entire crafting process alot and made the costs equivalent of the vanilla stuff (Vanilla pants also have 7000 by default).
On my 'standalone' verson the crafts are very very speedy compared to most of the craftable vanilla apparel. The armored one for example is only 3500 work to make ;D

Yea... that's what is happening right now.
That makes more sense :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

LustrousWolf

Is it possible to make like a new clothes tab? I struggle to keep track of all these new clothes I have xD and what my colonists are wearing, because I want my high leveled social colonists to wear the social stuff, but I have to look through all my storage's and other colonists as they pick up random clothes, basically the new tab should show the clothes you have, and like you click a button saying say social, and it shows all the clothes you then have that have a +something.someother% social plus, I just think it would help, as there is so many clothes, or am I missing something to help keep track of clothes and what my colonists wear? :o

Shinzy

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 03, 2015, 03:19:06 PM
Is it possible to make like a new clothes tab? I struggle to keep track of all these new clothes I have xD and what my colonists are wearing, because I want my high leveled social colonists to wear the social stuff, but I have to look through all my storage's and other colonists as they pick up random clothes, basically the new tab should show the clothes you have, and like you click a button saying say social, and it shows all the clothes you then have that have a +something.someother% social plus, I just think it would help, as there is so many clothes, or am I missing something to help keep track of clothes and what my colonists wear? :o

Ayoo Lusty!
you can use the Outfit manager in the overview tab

I've categorized the items by their main stat boost things
just for this reason!  ;D
see the apparello sets category under apparel tab

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Shinzy on June 03, 2015, 03:32:18 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 03, 2015, 03:19:06 PM

Ayoo Lusty!
you can use the Outfit manager in the overview tab

I've categorized the items by their main stat boost things
just for this reason!  ;D
see the apparello sets category under apparel tab

FML! Lol I was looking for something like that for like 30mins... how did I miss it ;-;
Thanks though! Glad this is in xDD Great mod! I was affriad of having it at first since it was a big mod and I did not want it to mess up my other mods, really glad I tried it though :D

LustrousWolf

Another problem, is there a summer outfit and a winter outfit? Because my colonist keep putting on woolly hats :c and is it possible to make colonists wear armor stuff before they put on other stuff? because they left the armored stuff and get normal clothes :c

Adamiks

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 03, 2015, 05:09:22 PM
Another problem, is there a summer outfit and a winter outfit? Because my colonist keep putting on woolly hats :c and is it possible to make colonists wear armor stuff before they put on other stuff? because they left the armored stuff and get normal clothes :c

There is one. You can create a new suit named "naked" and attach it to all colonists, they will be naked and happy, then just select they previous suits - they will wear the best stuff (probably).

Shinzy

For now what Addy above said may be the best way to get them equip better apparel

I believe Tynan may have improved their choise of apparel in the next update? (I think I read something somewhere sometime about that but I can't be 100% sure)

I might add a summer/winter clothing categories in the sets in the next update if you want

Adamiks

Quote from: Shinzy on June 03, 2015, 06:28:09 PM
For now what Addy above said may be the best way to get them equip better apparel

Please call me Adam husband of Eve or Adam Chosen or Adam the First or just Adam or just Adamiks, just select one.

Quote(A10) Re-tuned apparel optimization AI to strongly prefer anything over going naked, and to have a lower threshold for apparel replacement in general.

Shinzy

Quote from: Adamiks on June 03, 2015, 06:44:48 PM

Please call me Adam husband of Eve or Adam Chosen or Adam the First or just Adam or just Adamiks, just select one.

Quote(A10) Re-tuned apparel optimization AI to strongly prefer anything over going naked, and to have a lower threshold for apparel replacement in general.

Oh sure thing Addy! have an apple, on me! apple a day keeps the devil away and so
completely unrelated but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2NHPOBryBA

LustrousWolf

I believe Tynan may have improved their choise of apparel in the next update? (I think I read something somewhere sometime about that but I can't be 100% sure)

I might add a summer/winter clothing categories in the sets in the next update if you want

Yes please!! That would be great :D I always make a summer outfit and a winter outfit, although with apparello theres too many clothes to go through >_<

sparda666

Ive just started using this and I think its amazing, but there are so many apparel items that I have no idea what any of them are or how to craft them. Is there some kind of guide or document showing the stats for each item?

Im hoping there is something easier than writing XSLT to render the xml files from the mod. I'm loving the items, but its just so overwhelming to figure out how or what to make