[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparda666

Shinzy, I have a request that may or may not be difficult to implement. I noticed that you have an "Apparello headgear" category definition. is it possible to also create a category for each equipment slot? that way we can make outfits where we can have uniforms for our squads  and assign a preferred item per slot and not allow them to wear anything else (or is this already what the role based categories does? i.e. chef, soldier, constuctor etc).

nmid

Quote from: sparda666 on June 10, 2015, 07:07:17 PM
Shinzy, I have a request that may or may not be difficult to implement. I noticed that you have an "Apparello headgear" category definition. is it possible to also create a category for each equipment slot? that way we can make outfits where we can have uniforms for our squads  and assign a preferred item per slot and not allow them to wear anything else (or is this already what the role based categories does? i.e. chef, soldier, constuctor etc).

YES!!!!!!!!!!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Shinzy

The "apparello set" categories have all the items in them that boost the relevant skills including hats, gloves boots and so
other than that I have the own category for Pants, Gloves/Boots, trinkets (these are under the 'Other' category)
So I feel you can make your outfit presets relatively easily already to suit the colonists role

nmid

Quote from: Shinzy on June 11, 2015, 07:27:01 AM

The "apparello set" categories have all the items in them that boost the relevant skills including hats, gloves boots and so
other than that I have the own category for Pants, Gloves/Boots, trinkets (these are under the 'Other' category)
So I feel you can make your outfit presets relatively easily already to suit the colonists role
Problem is when you have just started playing with Apparello and have no idea about all the clothes stats .. nor have looked into the xmls! >:
v r lzy
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Katorone

A feedback system for pawns would be great for this.  A pawn that's tasked with cooking could say in it's status "I'd really love a cooking hat!".  It would be just a helpful hint so I could know where to start looking.
I realize that's outside of the scope of this mod though.

Shinzy

Quote from: nmid on June 11, 2015, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on June 11, 2015, 07:27:01 AM

Problem is when you have just started playing with Apparello and have no idea about all the clothes stats .. nor have looked into the xmls! >:
v r lzy

Well discovery is half the fun! ;D you, lazy you!

@Katorone, That would also be out of my skills (I'm only able to do simple things that the xml files allow me to do, which is why my mods are mostly about graphical additions ;D)

Clibanarius

I hate posting these, but some mods you really just need in order to play RimWorld. But... any update on how this is coming along for alpha 11, Shinzy?

Shinzy

Quote from: Clibanarius on June 16, 2015, 07:42:58 AM
I hate posting these, but some mods you really just need in order to play RimWorld. But... any update on how this is coming along for alpha 11, Shinzy?

uhuh! *nods* I'll start today at some point, it's only texture path changes too mostly so shouldn't take more than few days
depending on how lazy I feel ;D

nmid

maimen

Shinzy

Quote from: maimen on June 16, 2015, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on June 16, 2015, 08:11:03 AM
so shouldn't take more than few days depending on how lazy I feel ;D

I have it ready already =P I'm just testing it with my pirates a bit longer
I'll put it up tomorrow during the day

just.. just don't look at me like that! stop it!

Clibanarius

I... hate to beg, I hate to, but is there any chance *I* could get a copy for testing? I'm starting a new game right now and would really like to have this essential mod in there.

maimen

Clibanarius

I tried to send you a PM, but I don't know if it went through. All it was was me reiterating why I'd really like to get ahold of this early, basically. You've no idea how much it'd mean to me, as I'm literally just your mod away from being able to start in alpha 11 and I've been dying to start playing for a while now.