[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

should be working for A11b
if you spot anyone let me know! but now imma go dedicate rest of today for hibernation!

SSS

I've got a beef with you Shinzy. A break-out-the-triple-rocket-launchers level of beef. This mod made me think I corrupted every world file I had. >.>

Srs: When I start a new colony with this mod loaded, and no colonists start with Apparello clothing (e.g. thanks to EdB Prepare Carefully), I get a minor (yellow) error as follows:

Cannot find matching layer for apparel. Last layer: Accessory

I was double-checking to confirm that it was indeed this mod that caused the problem, but when I removed the mod and tried to start a new colony again, I found I got new major (red) errors upon loading the world that would not allow me to open the world- and further any other worlds. Making Apparello active again didn't help. Only after restarting with Apparello inactive did any word files load successfully. I figured out that loading a world generated with Apparello active doesn't load properly if Apparello isn't active, and if you try to load such a world without Apparello active, no world will load properly until you restart (regardless as to whether you set Apparello active or inactive.)

No errors occur if you generate the world without Apparello then play with Apparello on said world, then later unload Apparello and try to load said world again.

I can understand getting an error when loading a world generated with Apparello if you unload Apparello, but the subsequent errors are pretty nasty, if there's anything you could do about them.

Anyway, here are the major errors as they occur in different circumstances. The first time you try to load a world generated with Apparello without Apparello active, you get this:

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Apparello_XXXX
Exception loading world from RasElmuthalleth.rww:
System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException:

Where XXXX is some random clothing item, usually "Socks" or "Jeans".

If you then try to load another world during the same session (not generated with Apparello), you get this:

Exception loading world from AldebaranAdhara.rww:
System.InvalidOperationException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(You get a similar error if you try to immediately reactivate Apparello and load the word originally generated with Apparello, but this is separate from the current progression I'm taking you through.)

If you then activate Apparello and try to load any world (whether generated with Apparello or not), you get a ton of errors that look similar to this:

Cannot register RimWorld.Faction Spacer, (id=Spacer1302562413 in loaded object directory. Id already used by RimWorld.Faction Spacer.
Cannot register RimWorld.Faction Spacer, (id=Spacer1104116424 in loaded object directory. Id already used by RimWorld.Faction Spacer.
Cannot register RimWorld.Faction City-at-the-river (id=City-at-the-river1705774592 in loaded object directory. Id already used by RimWorld.Faction City-at-the-river.
Cannot register Verse.Pawn town councilman_Human0, (id=Human0 in loaded object directory. Id already used by Verse.Pawn town councilman Human0.
Exception loading world from AldebaranAdhara.rww:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Of course, all of this can be worked around by restarting Rimworld and only loading a Apparello-generated world when Apparello is active (or simply not generating any worlds with Apparello active in the first place), but it was pretty annoying (and temporarily alarming) nonetheless.

tl;dr: Please fix the first minor error I posted. Also, if there's anything you could do to fix the situation with the major errors, please do that too, or at least warn users not to load Apparello-generated worlds without Apparello since it kinda breaks everything until you restart.

Shinzy

I will look into this Agent Triple S!

Edit:
Did you step 1. create a world without Apparello
then  step 2. activate apparello
then step 3. create a game?
cause if you did it in that order you'll have spacers in cryptopod shrines wearing socks

(I'll try to locate that yellow error still!)

SSS

Your reproduction steps won't cause a problem by themselves. Worlds generated without Apparello work with Apparello just fine under normal circumstances.

To reproduce the red errors:

1. create a world with Apparello active.
2. deactivate Apparello.
3. (try to) create a game in the Apparello-generated world
4. watch in horror see that no world file will open for you to create a new game

After you've completed step 3, re-activating Apparello has no affect on whether worlds will work properly. You have to restart Rimworld to get things working properly again.

To reproduce the yellow error, you just need a situation where the starting pawns aren't wearing Apparello clothing (in my case, thanks to Prepare Carefully).

Shinzy

Quote from: SSS on July 12, 2015, 02:52:47 PM
Your reproduction steps won't cause a problem by themselves. Worlds generated without Apparello work with Apparello just fine under normal circumstances.

2. deactivate Apparello.
4. watch in horror see that no world file will open for you to create a new game

After you've completed step 3, re-activating Apparello has no affect on whether worlds will work properly. You have to restart Rimworld to get things working properly again.

To reproduce the yellow error, you just need a situation where the starting pawns aren't wearing Apparello clothing (in my case, thanks to Prepare Carefully).

Thank you! Imma try get down on this and figure why it's doing that
Until then I suggest you quit being so amazing at finding bugs! god =P *poke*

Captain_Goatse

Hi, I am playing the Overhaul mod. I noticed that my colonist love those "Ironwool socks", and they wear nothing else on their second layer. Is there any way to craft those or to craft something else to wear there?

Ninefinger

Quote from: Captain_Goatse on July 16, 2015, 05:34:01 PM
Hi, I am playing the Overhaul mod. I noticed that my colonist love those "Ironwool socks", and they wear nothing else on their second layer. Is there any way to craft those or to craft something else to wear there?

I went ahead and made those craftable at the tailor table in the modpack as well as a few other items.

Captain_Goatse

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 16, 2015, 06:17:55 PM
Quote from: Captain_Goatse on July 16, 2015, 05:34:01 PM

I went ahead and made those craftable at the tailor table in the modpack as well as a few other items.

Thanks, appreciated.

Ninefinger

Quote from: SSS on July 12, 2015, 02:52:47 PM

2. deactivate Apparello.

This is actually more or less the way the game works, some information from some mods will be saved and seeded at world generation level. Trying to start a new colony on a seeded world will have seeded information from mods that will not exist if you choose to disable any.

basically (Worlds = Mods), if you change something with a mod that will cause issues with seeded information you will always have to start a new world.

Ninefinger

However this still leaves the two errors in which you can not load a new colony with a new world without restarting the game.

This is caused by a conjunction of the two mods working together, Prepare Carefully and Apparello, Prepare Carefully saves information from apparello and when you deactivate apparello or any mod that prepare carefully has saved information about it will be trying to load that information and it wont be accessible so it will just do nothing.

Restarting the game will reset the prepare carefully or any mod that saves information about other mods or core game files that may be changed or removed / disabled.

The other issue is with Accessory category is not taken into consideration by prepare carefully and EDB will have to make an adjustment to allow and take into consideration the new accessory category.

Shinzy

Oh one thanks to each of mr finger's fingers! I was really not sure what was causing any of that
(It doesn't seem like I will be able to do anything about this, either
Which in turn leaves me more time to slack as is my habit! ;D I'm really very okay with this)

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Shinzy on July 17, 2015, 01:49:27 PM
Which in turn leaves me more time to slack as is my habit! ;D I'm really very okay with this)
Come slack with us in here then

Shinzy

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 17, 2015, 03:31:12 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on July 17, 2015, 01:49:27 PM
Come slack with us in here then

Mm, no too much effort to join

Roberius

First, love this mod, one of my must haves before playing.

However, I find it painful to go through the items, adding them as bills, checking the mats and then into the item description to find out what each does/gives. Do you have a list/spreadsheet with all the added clothing items and their abilities? If so I'd be very grateful if you would share it.

Shinzy

Quote from: Roberius on August 22, 2015, 06:05:43 AM
First, love this mod, one of my must haves before playing.

However, I find it painful to go through the items, adding them as bills, checking the mats and then into the item description to find out what each does/gives. Do you have a list/spreadsheet with all the added clothing items and their abilities? If so I'd be very grateful if you would share it.

I'm currently making major rearrangements within the mod
simplifying the crafting alot as I've found it very cumbersome on my own playthroughs
and refining lot of my other ideas like the schematics
and finally moving lot of the trivial junk like socks and trinkets to some kind of addon mod for apparello.. "Titandtatello" ::)

Anyway! as I've been doing that I've also been gathering all the items on a txt file along with which stats they affect (no values, that would be insane work to maintain)
So it should give you an basic idea of what everything does
but I really can't keep up a list that would let you go full out theorycraft mode with it ;D

Oh! anyway in the future crafting should be much more less painful!
I've merged all the special resources as a single item and am going to let you craft entire set of items at once (where it makes sense ofcourse! ;D)

OH oh! as a notice to anyone, this mod seems to work as is for A12
the apparel had no changes but I can't guarantee the workbenches and they won't throw any errors