[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: newcadence on July 25, 2016, 11:45:46 PM
Is there a guide?

No I'm sorry, I'm really bad at making those and keeping them up to date

the basic gist of it is to build the pattern designer and research the new researches
- Quilting, this gives you some basic early leather armor

- Apparel design and patterning, this unlocks most of the basic apparello apparel to be crafted in the tailoring bench

- Safety standards, this unlocks the job focused apparel that boost the work stats

- Apparel augmentation, this lets you craft all the rootin tootin gun shootin combat items and other advanced apparel

- Prototype apparel, this one's for kinda unique stuffs that you can't get until you find  the schematic bundle from one of the traders (exotic space trader usually)

- Tribal adornment, this one's just for crafting the tribal garments
only made them craftable cause of the new tribal scenario =P they'll get this tech for free

As for the apparel stats.. you'll kinda have to learn them on the go :-[
I've tried to keep them somewhat "sensible" like gunbelt would help with shooting and so

But mostly you're on your own *ahem*

Oragepoilu

Some indication like this could really fit well into the first post, IMO.

damnfan

Sarelth

It has been doing well with Infused for me. No problems that I can recall.

Shinzy

I haven't actually ever tried Infused yet
There were lot of screenies by players with Apparello on in that thread
And I trust Sarelth with my life! Good strong name like that.. doesn't sound villanous at all!

Edit: Yup this mod is officially best buddies with infusion! Suck it skully's armour repair mod!

Oragepoilu

When I try to craft a "Tribal shield", "Tribal shoulderpads", "modest tribal Mask", "gaudy tribal Mask", "tribal headdress" the craft time it set to 1.

Shinzy

Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 27, 2016, 06:20:04 AM
When I try to craft a "Tribal shield", "Tribal shoulderpads", "modest tribal Mask", "gaudy tribal Mask", "tribal headdress" the craft time it set to 1.
Oh nice spot, I seem to have forgotten all the worktimes on those ;D I'll have to fix it later today

Oragepoilu

"Patch pants" do not have a crafting time either.

Btw, how the "reclaim fabric" works ? I don't get anything back, but I don't reclaim decent cloth (>50%).

Sub question : is it worth it to reclaim wasted clothes (<50%) ?

Else I will just either stockpile them in a corner or burn them, whatever is faster. Reclaiming for 50 work time and get nothing is just a waste.

Edit : My bad, I was mistaken; reclaim fabric come from another mod of skullywags, thus explaining the incompatibility.

OverlordZeni

Hey Shinzy, I love your mod!  So nice and fiddly, so much variety, but I also have one problem with your mod.

I'm a silly person that loves all these silly 80s and animu hair mods and I really like identifying my colonists at a glance via their silly hair.  Soooo!

I 'made' a mod consisting of just deleting <wornGraphicPath> off of a few XML files and went ahead and made one for Apparello2 too:

Behold the majestic twintails.

Sooo, I was wondering if it was okay for me to publish this?  I literally just took your hat def files and deleted a few lines, but I know there are other idiots like me out there that love the hat stats and clothing your mod offers but would forsake the badassness of putting everyone in Peaked Caps in order to keep their colonists from losing their fabulous locks.

A 'no' is 110% okay seeing as how I didn't write a single line of anything ever through out this process.

After this I plan to study up on modding Rimworld and apply my super amateur programming skills as best I can to try to make a per-colonist 'hat visibility toggle' thing, or maybe a mod to keep people from going bald as soon as they put on sunglasses, but this first step will appease me for now.  Though I'll be modding my copy of the mod to re-enable the rendering of Peaked Caps. :<

It's at this point in writing this dumb post that I thought to go and check the first post for a license, and of course it's right there at the bottom.  But seeing as how I didn't write a single line of code and the fact that I'm committing a heinous crime by hiding all your neat new hat graphics just to satisfy my sillyness, I still feel compelled to ask permission. >:

Shinzy

Quote from: OverlordZeni on July 27, 2016, 11:45:27 AM
-Shnip shnap-

Oh I don't see why not, just remove all the worn graphics too from the textures (If you didn't already! might reduce the size quite a bit!)
that would be basically everything except the Display folder in the hats folder

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

Shinzy

Quote from: Mufflamingo on August 02, 2016, 11:37:45 AM
Why no shoes. .

Shh! I'm busy hopping between mods pretending trying to update bits and bobs from each, Currently I'm updating them norbals!

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

Dragoon

When you're done pretending updating the other mods. Will you consider adding some environmental protection to a few things. The enviro-headgear for example seems like it should protect against radiation.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

Quote from: Dragoon on August 03, 2016, 07:30:03 AM
When you're done pretending updating the other mods. Will you consider adding some environmental protection to a few things. The enviro-headgear for example seems like it should protect against radiation.

I don't think having just a helmet would be enough to protect from radiation =P
Anyway! I would need some help with something like that since it's just a bit outside my set of skills to do
and I really dislike having anything in my mod that I don't know how to update myself ;D
maybe if something like CCL would add additional protection values to armor *hinthint*