[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJoker3221

Been playing this mod with reclaim apparel..and I've been getting Titanium and Plastic and I have no way to get rid of them..any ways to solve this?

Shinzy

Quote from: CJoker3221 on August 12, 2016, 02:35:51 AM
Been playing this mod with reclaim apparel..and I've been getting Titanium and Plastic and I have no way to get rid of them..any ways to solve this?
For now you can only enable the dev mode in options and find the 'destroy' command, it will remove everything within that tile (except the floor) so make sure you don't accidentally kill your pawns with it =P
and then make sure to disable the Eyewear from the reclaim fabric bill

I will try to have this fixed for the next update, whenever that may be

CJoker3221

Quote from: Shinzy on August 12, 2016, 06:21:06 AM
Quote from: CJoker3221 on August 12, 2016, 02:35:51 AM
For now you can only enable the dev mode in options and find the 'destroy' command, it will remove everything within that tile (except the floor) so make sure you don't accidentally kill your pawns with it =P
and then make sure to disable the Eyewear from the reclaim fabric bill

I will try to have this fixed for the next update, whenever that may be
Okay! Thanks for the reply :D

SpaceDorf

Hiho Shinzy,

I promised feedback in the thread of your upcoming competition :)

Good News :
I very much love the look of the clothes you create and the color it brings to the rim.
I try this mod every other colony and are on my way to do so for my current colony right now ..

Bad News:
My personal Problem with Apparello is, that it feels too much for me.
The same way the Clutter Mod or the WayTooManyGuns Mod ( Rimfire ) feel to me.
I perceive it as too much of the same but different stuff.
It Changes the Look of the game, which is good, but adds a lot of micromanaging and decission making to the game that has no gameplay value ( for me. )
(yes I admit, I am a goddamn Munchkin and born MinMaxxer - Sloth Dusters ftw. )
Also some recipies and entrys in the storage appeared more than once, which added to the problem at the time.
Which I am not comfortable to say that this would be apparellos fault, because I am not up to date with the versions and
I collect mods like shiny baubles :)

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Shinzy

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 17, 2016, 10:51:33 AM
Hiho Shinzy,

I promised feedback in the thread of your upcoming competition :)

Good News :
I very much love the look of the clothes you create and the color it brings to the rim.
I try this mod every other colony and are on my way to do so for my current colony right now ..

Bad News:
My personal Problem with Apparello is, that it feels too much for me.
The same way the Clutter Mod or the WayTooManyGuns Mod ( Rimfire ) feel to me.
I perceive it as too much of the same but different stuff.
It Changes the Look of the game, which is good, but adds a lot of micromanaging and decission making to the game that has no gameplay value ( for me. )
(yes I admit, I am a goddamn Munchkin and born MinMaxxer - Sloth Dusters ftw. )
Also some recipies and entrys in the storage appeared more than once, which added to the problem at the time.
Which I am not comfortable to say that this would be apparellos fault, because I am not up to date with the versions and
I collect mods like shiny baubles :)

Thank you! the storage is a monstrosity which I intend to make better next alpha when I start to utilize the CCL (it has some really cool features, like ability to create new ready custom outfits for the outfits tab) and I could def move some of the more fluff stuff into separate Addon like mod for those who do enjoy the wastemanagement ;D while keeping the "core" mod more lighter experience.
I've already moved few bits out of this in the past but clearly not enough =P

I really really really do appreciate any criticism, cause I'm not much a designer
I just like to draw n' add more things so I totally understand if the mod feels a bit unwieldy (oops :-[) I hadn't even though about it too too much before today, Thanks to spoony and nack's mod

Edit: Anyone eeelse? don't be shyyy, critisisiscim I need it for the next alpha! (no holding back, either!) I'm not gon ban you or anything
Adds SpaceDorf in to the to be banned list

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2016, 11:36:57 AM

Edit: Anyone eeelse? don't be shyyy, critisisiscim I need it for the next alpha! (no holding back, either!) I'm not gon ban you or anything
Adds SpaceDorf in to the to be banned list

Phew. That was a close one.
Thanks for the quick answer.
If my savegame does not blow up after my latest mod update and collection run, consider apparello added :)

starting Rimworld slowly turns into more work than starting skyrim

kaptain_kavern

Nearly related : can it be possible to have searchbox "a la" StorageSearch in the Outfits panel/windows. You know when create custom outfits?

Edit: This one

SpaceDorf

Conclusion of my criticism.

First some appologies from me. It seems the main problem I had with your mod is none of your fault.
As mentioned above I have near OCD-Level MinMaxing Issues. And Since most of your apparels give some sort of Bonus
it pissed me of that I could not check out those bonuses in the Info Screen of the Tailor Bench but had to actually produce one to check out what the cloth item does.

Well after discovering just a few minutes ago, that there are perfectly written and complete descriptions of your apparels hidden behind the help tab ( instructions are for losers ) I feel a bit silly.
So the testing continues.

JT

Honestly, I've been playing with and without Apparello since A12 (when I joined), and I can't see myself running without it these days.  At one point in A12 I removed it from the mod order because it really did clutter things up.  That's mostly because I was sick of common spacer civs running around in grotesque combinations of high-tech gear instead of simpler clothing (it's pretty weird seeing a "housemate" land with an officer's cap, power armour, synthread constructor's trousers, etc.).

However... when I did, prior to the Long Dark when I went without playing Rimworld for seven months or so (booyah! Traveller reference!), I eventually felt like I was missing a lot of the cooler clothing articles.  There's just something satisfying about being able to fine-tune your pawns' appearances, even if they usually wind up wearing ridiculous getups unless running Outfitter. =)

I absolutely love the added complexity added by the majority of the clothes, and the variegated outfits don't bug me as much as they used to.  I'm all for separating it out, as long as you keep the download very prominent and easy to find, because I'll be using it. ;-)

I do have two legitimate gripes about it!

1) Seemingly innocuous articles like skirts are buried wayyyy up there in the tech tree.  The medieval ladies need some love.  And not that kind of love, although Chaucer apparently said they were all for that kind of love too.  (Since our species still exists today, I assume that he was correct.)

2) The capitalisation can be wonky... it'd be nice if a pass was done on the clothing labels (pun not intended) to convert them all to lowercase.

Also, a bug!

Certain mod-added clothing falls into the clothing category, but doesn't have any cost in materials.  When the tailoring bench is used to reclaim these items, a pop-up error is produced.

This is most easily reproduced by trying to salvage Feral masks from Rimsenal Ferals.

[edit]I decided to put up rather than shut up, and found another error:

"Ritual vestments of the ancient, now extinct tribe - Chéw Õn Tuna Sãmmich - El Mógo for short. The El Mógoan Muffalo Prophets' prophecied of a day when three meteors, bearing sleeping gods would descent from the skies. Common belief was that the gods would build a lift to the spirit realms.  These vestments were created in the intent of binding the soul of slain gods to the wearer and thus gaining passage on the lift."

That description is encoded in Windows 1252, even though the file is encoded in UTF-8.  That means it appears garbled.  For the life of me I was trying to figure out what "El M go" meant, until I decided to experiment with switching the file encoding in EditPad Pro (my favourite text editor, well above Notepad++).

Here's how it appears in UTF-8:
"Ritual vestments of the ancient, now extinct tribe - Ch退w Հn Tuna S mmich - El M go for short. The El M goan Muffalo Prophets' prophecied of a day when three meteors, bearing sleeping gods would descent from the skies. Common belief was that the gods would build a lift to the spirit realms. These vestments were created in the intent of binding the soul of slain gods to the wearer and thus gaining passage on the lift."

Although that description is almost too cute for its own good and could probably be replaced with:
"These vestments were created in the intent of binding the soul of slain gods to the wearer and thus gaining passage to the spirit realms."

;-)

Shinzy

Thanks JT! I will definitely go through the descriptions again before I update this for the next alpha
among with some other refinements that seem to be in order! =P

Kaaven

Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2016, 11:36:57 AMEdit: Anyone eeelse? don't be shyyy, critisisiscim I need it for the next alpha! (no holding back, either!) I'm not gon ban you or anything

Just to hop in on the wagon:
As many people mentioned - the variety which your mod brings, once tasted, makes the vanilla game clothing completely bland and boring in comparison. So great work on that! ;)

That being said, just like others, I do find the cluttering it brings a bit annoying. Unlike SpaceDorf however, I am definitively not a MidMaxer, and usually play for and enjoy the most the RP aspect of the game. And I would love to gear up my colonists according to their job or character, even if the gear was not the "optimal" one. But the sheer amount of the items, as well as the usually completely random way I obtain them (loot from the raids) means it kinda gets too work-intensive to spend time figuring it out.

I feel that a proper sorting of items, based on the body slot they occupy (something like kaptain_kavern showed on the screenshot above) would really go a long way to help speed up the browsing of the apparel. Similarly, standardization in the naming could help a bit.

Shinzy

Quote from: Kaaven on August 19, 2016, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2016, 11:36:57 AMEdit: Anyone eeelse? don't be shyyy, critisisiscim I need it for the next alpha! (no holding back, either!) I'm not gon ban you or anything

Just to hop in on the wagon:
As many people mentioned - the variety which your mod brings, once tasted, makes the vanilla game clothing completely bland and boring in comparison. So great work on that! ;)

That being said, just like others, I do find the cluttering it brings a bit annoying. Unlike SpaceDorf however, I am definitively not a MidMaxer, and usually play for and enjoy the most the RP aspect of the game. And I would love to gear up my colonists according to their job or character, even if the gear was not the "optimal" one. But the sheer amount of the items, as well as the usually completely random way I obtain them (loot from the raids) means it kinda gets too work-intensive to spend time figuring it out.

I feel that a proper sorting of items, based on the body slot they occupy (something like kaptain_kavern showed on the screenshot above) would really go a long way to help speed up the browsing of the apparel. Similarly, standardization in the naming could help a bit.
Ooooh you're gonna like the Communit core library outfit thing, then, Kaa! It lets me make some preset outfit things (I'm not huge fan of fiddling about in the storage settings and stuff either), I'll make a preset for each job atleast but I don't really know any of the details yet so =P

skywyze

Shinzy

Quote from: skywyze on September 02, 2016, 11:51:26 AM
Any chance for an A15 version yet?

Ima share you with a secret here sky :p but shh! don't tell anyone!
this version works with a15 because nothing apparel/crafting related code was changed
But for an official kind of a15 release I'm gonna need CCL to update cause I want to make use of some of the features it has

Deimos Rast

so the next version will require ccl? welp, it is what it is. :-X
#StopPluginAbuse