[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustALittleCrazyTalk

The bulk of the items when combined with Combat Extended is set so high that its impossible to pick up meat in order to train animals while also carrying a gun. This isn't a problem with vanilla clothing. NM, this does happen without apparello.

mrofa

Quote from: hoaxdream on June 29, 2017, 11:42:54 AM
another error from cloth bandit scarf cargo pods just now

MakeThing error: Apparello_Bandit is madeFromStuff but stuff=null. Assigning default.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ThingMaker:MakeThing(ThingDef, ThingDef)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_ResourcePodCrash:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Its kinda a vanilia bug and kinda shinzter laziness.
Shinzy add a <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> to scarf, it will fix the problem.

Problem occurs in drop pod code.
d.category == ThingCategory.Item && d.tradeability == Tradeability.Stockable && d.equipmentType == EquipmentType.None && d.BaseMarketValue >= 1f && d.BaseMarketValue < 40f && !d.HasComp(typeof(CompHatcher
All i do is clutter all around.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: mrofa on July 03, 2017, 04:01:25 AM
Its kinda a vanilia bug and kinda shinzter laziness.
Shinzy add a <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> to scarf, it will fix the problem.

Problem occurs in drop pod code.
d.category == ThingCategory.Item && d.tradeability == Tradeability.Stockable && d.equipmentType == EquipmentType.None && d.BaseMarketValue >= 1f && d.BaseMarketValue < 40f && !d.HasComp(typeof(CompHatcher

That would also prevent traders from stocking it though, which might not be wanted. Alternatively could increase base market value to 40 or higher.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

mrofa

Sellable is from vanilia apparel, works for dem should work for shinzyh
All i do is clutter all around.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: mrofa on July 03, 2017, 07:03:33 AM
Sellable is from vanilia apparel, works for dem should work for shinzyh

Sellable means you can sell it to traders but they'll never generate it in their stock. The only vanilla apparel that uses it is tribal wear.

Der Failer

Hey Shinzy is it intended that some clothing can't get the "big D"?
Not that I'm complaining, just wondering. :)

Also love the "new" GIF for this version. But what did that cute centipede do to those guys, to deserve such an attack?!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Shinzy

Quote from: Der Failer on July 09, 2017, 03:28:46 PM
Hey Shinzy is it intended that some clothing can't get the "big D"?
Not that I'm complaining, just wondering. :)

Also love the "new" GIF for this version. But what did that cute centipede do to those guys, to deserve such an attack?!

Yes! mostly the "rare" apparel that can't be crafted yourself
youuu mechanoid sympathizer!

faltonico

Hi there Shinzy!
I never got around to ask you, In A16 I often saw eyewear with negative HP (something like -0.68%) very, very often. Why was that? What does it means? Does it still happen in the current version?

Shinzy

Quote from: faltonico on July 10, 2017, 06:21:40 AM
Hi there Shinzy!
I never got around to ask you, In A16 I often saw eyewear with negative HP (something like -0.68%) very, very often. Why was that? What does it means? Does it still happen in the current version?
how do you mean? like the item's own health? they shouldn't have any. Only change I've done for a17 is make the deadman's debuff not affect the eyewear
could you snap a screenie for me if you see it happen again please? (I've never seen anything like that!)

faltonico

This is A16 though. Like i said i never got around to ask you.

Der Failer

Just noticed in my A17 play the same negativ HP on my "Soft shuttlepilot's Visor". My first guess would be that the "+5 Max hit points" from the "Soft" modifier is messing with things...
No proper test, just a guess...

Quote from: Shinzy on July 10, 2017, 05:17:52 AM
youuu mechanoid sympathizer!
mechanoids have feelings to you know!
Wait what?! They don't!
And they want to kill us all?!?!?!
But but but... they are so cute...
*walks away confused and mumbling to himself*

faltonico

Quote from: Der Failer on July 10, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Just noticed in my A17 play the same negativ HP on my "Soft shuttlepilot's Visor". My first guess would be that the "+5 Max hit points" from the "Soft" modifier is messing with things...
No proper test, just a guess...

Never thought of it, you are probably right!

Thundercraft

Shinzy,

I have a suggestion: How about a new type of Powered Armor that exists only to increase human carry_capacity, to allow colonists to carry more than 35 kg as part of a caravan (such as to trade with a faction or attack a raider's base)? I'm thinking of calling it "Carry Exo-Frame".

My inspiration came from Mercer's Backpacks. It's an interesting concept, but it seemed totally unrealistic and very OP to me. Vanilla only allows colonists to carry 35 kg (about 77 lbs), including the weight of their weapon and all their gear. Statistics say that the average human weighs 136.7 pounds (worldwide, for both men and women, including those who are skinny or obese). And 77 lbs is over half their weight. Carrying that much for several miles, each way, would damage knees and, likely, give them a spinal injury. The idea of carrying more, without hydraulic or motorized assistance to lessen the load, would be insane. Having them wear a "backpack" would only add weight, not allow them to carry more.

Having an exo-frame for more carrying capacity, however, is totally believable and realistic. Indeed, the U.S. military has been developing this technology for some time and already has prototypes. (Read the Wikipedia article on Powered exoskeleton or Google it for details.) And this approach could be game-balanced, as long as it required unlocking research and needed a certain amount of work and resources to build.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Thundercraft on July 16, 2017, 05:09:47 PM
Shinzy,

I have a suggestion: How about a new type of Powered Armor that exists only to increase human carry_capacity, to allow colonists to carry more than 35 kg as part of a caravan (such as to trade with a faction or attack a raider's base)? I'm thinking of calling it "Carry Exo-Frame".

This is impossible to do without DLL-modding as carry weight is not a stat. On a side note it looks like that mod you linked is using CE assets without so much as a word of credit, classy.

faltonico

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 16, 2017, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: Thundercraft on July 16, 2017, 05:09:47 PM
Shinzy,

This is impossible to do without DLL-modding as carry weight is not a stat. On a side note it looks like that mod you linked is using CE assets without so much as a word of credit, classy.
If you increase the size of the stacks, the carry capacity can be increased with bionics, and bionics are fully xml aren't they? Obviously you will need the dll to increase the stack size but there is already a mod for that xD