Death Acidifier skeletonizes the user.

Started by lugaruclone, March 06, 2020, 04:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaruclone

I get the purpose, mostly to keep us from looting awesome gear but... it is silly when the bearer of the implant dies and his stuff goes and he has some minor damage. It would be the coolest thing if it skeletonized the user and maybe did a small 'explosion' worth of damage to property or people next to him.

Wes

I like this idea. AOE retribution. Maybe the acid damages everyone's gear nearby. If it nullified wealth worn by colonists, it could have even more utility.

Kirby23590

Hmmmmmmmm...

I love splashing my enemies with acid... Since it already makes their clothes and weapons vanish, and now preventing someone from resurrecting them with the mech serum (without cheats of course!)

I dunno, but i love to weaponize it like not killing but knocking out some raider with the death acidfier and using your doctor to remove that thing from the raider and then using it as a ingredient for a weapon like a acid bomb, or something similar!  ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

JaJe

Death Acidifier is kinda useless if you ask me.
If a pawn dies, all outfit disappears. Even if he did not have the death acidifier and dies, why would I use any tainted outfit anyway? I cannot sell it, it gives mood debuff unless it's cannibal/psychopath.

Also if is downed, i can strip before he dies and I still can recovery the outfit. To make death acidifier useful it should rot instantly the pawn once he dies and if is downed, just the outfit disappear.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

Alenerel

Quote from: JaJe on April 02, 2020, 11:46:37 AM
Death Acidifier is kinda useless if you ask me.
If a pawn dies, all outfit disappears. Even if he did not have the death acidifier and dies, why would I use any tainted outfit anyway? I cannot sell it, it gives mood debuff unless it's cannibal/psychopath.

Also if is downed, i can strip before he dies and I still can recovery the outfit. To make death acidifier useful it should rot instantly the pawn once he dies and if is downed, just the outfit disappear.

If I recall correctly, enemy pawns have a 70% chance of dying instead of downing, to avoid mass prisoners.

Yes, striping before dying works, but it wont provide you with much. You might be willing to take the tainted apparel hit and get a power armor very early, so the death acidifier reduces this.

About OP suggestion, I dont like it in the slightest. Death acidifier is used by your enemies, not by you, so that means that if you kill enemies in melee you get hurt... Imagine killing 5 enemies in melee... A pawn in melee is already taking damage, this suggestion is just asking to kill your own pawns.

Also I dont get the idea of using it yourself. You should play to avoid losing pawns, not sending them to death...