Hidden Wealth and Wealth Rumors

Started by Wes, March 06, 2020, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Currently, the world is omniscient of how much wealth your colony contains and wealth optimization is a very powerful strategy. If wealth could be hidden, discovered, and rumored about, wealth optimization would be more difficult, more interesting, and more intuitive.

With "Hidden Wealth", wealth would have to be witnessed via line-of-sight by raiders, visitors, or traders for it to count towards raid points. This would encourage players to hide their wealth inside the colony where it is not visible.

With "Wealth Rumors", wealth's contribution to raid points could be less predictable, as raiders will randomly assume you have more hidden wealth than you actually do. Wealth rumors could scale with the amount of hidden wealth you actually have which would make wealth's contribution to raid points more predictable if less wealth is hidden, discouraging the player from hiding too much wealth.

Both of these mechanics combined would encourage players to think about wealth in a more realistic way and I believe it would make the game more fun.

TrashMan

Agreed.

It would be best if each faction has a wealth_assemsment variable (and defense_assesment?) that changes over time.

Having a lot of trade caravans coming and going, means more information about your colony goes out, meaning the more you trade, the more accurate picture the raiders will have - and not just about your wealth, but defenses too.

So much about raids nad factions feel inorganic ATM.

SpaceDorf

Further Sources of Information :

Prisoners in the form of Slaves, Escaped or Freed.

Did you see that prison of those guys ? .. Sure the cut of both my legs .. but man even Prison was more comfortable than our leaders private quartes.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TrashMan

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 14, 2020, 01:16:56 PM
Further Sources of Information :

Prisoners in the form of Slaves, Escaped or Freed.

Did you see that prison of those guys ? .. Sure the cut of both my legs .. but man even Prison was more comfortable than our leaders private quartes.

Yes.
Given that my prison doubles as high-class brothel (when needed), its is VERY luxurious. My prisoners have hot tubs, masterwork quality posh beds, arcade machines, pianos and all sorts of entertainment.
Plus a huge outdoors area with trees, flowers, tiny lake and stuff.