[1.1] Prison-breaking prisoners pick up, use, and rebind bonded linked weapons

Started by Recatek, March 06, 2020, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recatek

Circumstances:
During a prison break, a prisoner pawn can pick up a bonded link weapon (monosword, maybe others) from the ground even if that sword is already bonded to one of your colonists. The prisoner will re-bond the sword to itself, and this new bond will persist even if the prisoner is downed and the weapon recovered. This leaves you unable to use the weapon afterwards.

What happened:
A prisoner pawn exited my prison area and approached a bonded monosword on the ground, picked it up, and began attacking my pawns with it, even though the weapon was previously linked to my pawn. When I downed the prisoner, I could no longer use the weapon as it displayed a bond to that prisoner.

What should happen:
The prisoner should not be able to pick up or use the link weapon, since it is already linked to another pawn.

Steps you can follow to make the bug appear on your machine:
1. Capture a prisoner pawn.
2. Have your pawn drop a bonded monosword right in front of the door to your prison.
3. Trigger or wait for a prison break.
4. Observe that the prisoner can pick up the monosword and use it to attack your pawns.

Savegame:
This issue can be quickly reproduced in a fresh Royalty game without any mods.

Log file:
I didn't see anything relevant to this issue in the log, and it's quick to reproduce the issue with dev tools, so I've omitted it here.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

pointcache

Thank you for the report, the fix will be available in next version.