[1.1.2566 (64-bit)] Pawn status is “unconscious” but still moving around

Started by alt_key, March 07, 2020, 08:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alt_key

I'm not sure when it happened, but pawn Lau took a hit to the brain leaving him with a 23% Consciousness and 0% Moving, Manipulation, Talking, and Eating. But miracle of miracles, Lau the zombie pawn is still moving around my base (albeit very slowly) and I have witnessed her eating on at least one occasion (in the freezer, not at the table).

The expected behavior is that pawn Lau would be bedridden, yet she is not.

I've taken images of the pawn up and moving around, but you should be able to replicate it just by loading it up. A log file has also been included. I removed all mods and reloaded the game to see if it still happens, and it does.

Save game link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nhJqfz1GRAAX24axnGpmlTyOB6HILLSu/view?usp=sharing

Ark

The log says RimWorld 1.0.2551 rev78.
The save says 1.1.2566 rev920 with Royalty.
Wrong logfile?

alt_key

Uh, maybe, I followed the directions in the pinned post about posting bugs, and that was the log file it led me to. It has a last modified date of 2/21/20. I've reattached it again in case I somehow screwed it up the first time.

Ark

It's the same logfile. I see Tynan edited the sticky post today, maybe the default log location has changed. Can't really comment more, Windows and Royalty.

alt_key

Then I'm not sure what more to add to the bug report. I've included a screenshot of the file path, with output_log highlighted. The highlighted log is the one I've been attaching. If I'm looking at the wrong place or if you need more verification of my game version, please let me know.

Canute

You should check the "Date modified" columme.
That output_log is from 2/21 so it can't be.
Check the other logfile location (at the appdata somewhere) where you can find the Player.log maybe that date.
Currently the location for the logfiles are a mess for the windows user.

Tumbler

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same issue, occured 2 times after two raids in a row. At least one Pawn was up and about, fleeing in panic, without limbs, head or anything for that matter. Here is a print. https://i.imgur.com/AQqhdM8.jpg

As for the log, when i try to use delevoper mode to kill this pawn, this pops up:
https://i.imgur.com/CX76awk.png

"Exception ticking Ambbar (at (188, 0, 106)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Pawn_RelationsTracker.Notify_PawnKilled (System.Nullable`1[T] dinfo, Verse.Map mapBeforeDeath) [0x0001d] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.DMD<DMD<Kill_Patch2>?-1550120320::Kill_Patch2>(Verse.Pawn,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff)
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.CheckForStateChange (System.Nullable`1[T] dinfo, Verse.Hediff hediff) [0x00020] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.Notify_HediffChanged (Verse.Hediff hediff) [0x0000b] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at Verse.Hediff.set_Severity (System.Single value) [0x000b4] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at Verse.HealthUtility.AdjustSeverity (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.HediffDef hdDef, System.Single sevOffset) [0x00026] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at Verse.HediffGiver_Bleeding.OnIntervalPassed (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Hediff cause) [0x0002b] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x0047b] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.DMD<DMD<Tick_Patch1>?-1461200128::Tick_Patch1>(Verse.Pawn)
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x0015c] in <000153db58284aa38698b9c41ca1154b>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:DMD<DMD<Update_Patch1>?1040643328::Update_Patch1>(Root_Play)
"

Tynan

You can see in the logfile the DMD in the stack trace; that means DynamicMethodDefinition; it's something mods create to edit the game code. So it's a mod bug; I'll move it to that forum. Thanks for reporting either way!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tumbler

No, thank you for taking the time to verify that entry on the logs Tynan! I will look it up and see what is causing the issue.

Nimrod

I have the same bug with most (not all) pawns not dieing.
Could not figure out wich mod causes it, but it happened since/because of the Rimworld Main update from April 19th.

I have older saves with the same mod setup that also throw the error now (no issues before - I played days from them without problems, so I am fairly certain, the main update messed things up - none of the mods updated in the time frame when this issue appeared first for me)

Just to clarify, the debug error for each "undead" is identical to the one posted above, so I wont spam them again ;)

g_BonE

Having the same issue in 2 consecutive save games now. Here is a HugsLib log:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ee5c19aa9bfcc651cce8356dae007241 ...and its the same issue as posted above. on raids some of the pawns dont die but instead walk around limb- and headless but still shooting. If i try to heal a downed pawn my doctors keep repeatedly tending but pawns keep bleeding. I'd really like to know which mod causes this as it it quite frustrating to have to give up on two promising playthroughs.

Nimrod

Quote from: g_BonE on May 14, 2020, 10:23:45 AM
Having the same issue in 2 consecutive save games now. Here is a HugsLib log:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ee5c19aa9bfcc651cce8356dae007241 ...and its the same issue as posted above. on raids some of the pawns dont die but instead walk around limb- and headless but still shooting. If i try to heal a downed pawn my doctors keep repeatedly tending but pawns keep bleeding. I'd really like to know which mod causes this as it it quite frustrating to have to give up on two promising playthroughs.

I never found out what really caused the issue, but i try to write down what I think happens.
The pawns that do not die have some missing or broken world pawn, that the game wants to send a bad thought about this soon zombie pawn dieing - since the game cant to this, it breaks (see red errors) and the pawn never gets the "dead" state.

My workaround was watching the error log and dev "destroy"ing (kill doesnt work as we know) each and every pawn that was popping up. Some world pawns where throwing errors too (they escaped the map obvisously in their undead state) - so i dev spawned them and destroyed them too.

So far my save was playable again, but I have not had a raid again (and moved on to other games for the time)

Hope that helps you at least a little! Cheers!