[1.1.2565] Single beer can't be hauled

Started by avancouw, March 07, 2020, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avancouw

edit: I'm in the process of completing this post. Need to reproduce one more time and attach a savefile -

I keep running into just this one bug with pathing and errands. It always seems to happen right after fighting in a raid when my pawns are cleaning up the battle area. If there's a single beer on the ground, they do this dance.

Sometimes they also just pick up the beer and their status changes to "standing" - they sit there indefinitely and do nothing until I draft and/or force a priority.

I have a very short mod list
Harmony
RimHud
HugsLib
Prepare Carefully
Simple Sidearms
CM Color Coded Mood Bar

Kenneth

I haven't been able to reproduce, can you provide a savegame where this is happening?

Ulef

I believe this might be an issue with Simple Sidearms, though I can't be certain because I don't have a save file to test with. I encountered this same problem, of the colonist picking up a beer then immediately dropping it, left-right-left-right ad infinitum shenanigans. That specific colonist was a recruited raider, who just so happened to have spawned in the raid with a beer as his melee sidearm, and I had never removed it as an option from the sidearm menu after I recruited him. Considering I had no beer production and wasn't going out of my way to purchase beer from traders, it's entirely possible that colonist had never gotten a chance to "re-arm" themselves with a beer bottle and was trying (and failing) to do so here, as Simple Sidearms codes pawns to go re-equip themselves after being downed. I had the Pick Up and Haul mod active at the same time, which allowed me to tell him to just directly add it to his inventory, and the pawn did so just fine, dropped it off in the stockpile later with no issues.