Can't load 1.1 map

Started by The_Hat, March 08, 2020, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hat

So I was building a massive castle and today my saved game suddenly doesn't load. It gets hung up and crashes at the map loading part. I don't get any error messages, just an obnoxious white box with a Rimworld symbol and a red exclamation mark. I know it's not my mod list order because I can still start a new game without issues. Incidentally, hugslib has recently begun showing up on my mod list in red, but this started a few days ago and I ignored it because it didn't seem to be causing any problems (yes, I know where hugslib belongs on the list; this isn't that).

I'm starting to suspect that today's round of updates has corrupted my save game. Is there any way to recover?

Canute

Hi.
At first i need to say, i don't have much hope for your castle.
Mosttimes you can't remove mod's from your safegame without breaking them, so it depend.

I don't think it can be your mod load order since you could play it before.
I think it could be
- the vanilla game got updated and break some mods.
- one or mods got update and made problems. Check the update history of the mods if one got update between your game seassions.
- mod conflicts/error's that mosttimes comes later during gameplay
- mod error's from the beginning that accumulate during gameplay.

You should at first be sure you have no error (red text) at the log window after you started rimword with your current modlist.
You need to enable the developer mod to open the log window with the top left icon.

When you got error's you should try to identiy the mod which cause it. Sometime the text inside the error msg. give you a hint.
But if not you maybe should disable mod's until the error disappear and you can identify the mod at this way, or the other way, disable all and rebuild the list at small batches.
Don't forget the check the dependies of mods. Hugslib/Jecstools at example need to have Harmony loaded before them.
If you found mod's that create error's don't forget to report it to the mod author. If he can fix it, it is basicly the only way/hope for your you to keep your castle.