[1.1.2567] Sending a prisoner to his own faction counts as selling into slavery

Started by BlackHunter, March 08, 2020, 09:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackHunter

I ve just send a prisoner (he was a usual tribal raider who attacked me) back to his own tribe (their settlement at global map) using transpord pods, and now all of my colonists have a "Prisoner sold" debuff. Also his bed still belongs him. I doubt they are immediately turning their former teammate to a slave, so I consider this as a bug. Because it is easy to reproduce, I am not going to attach anything.

I guess you shoud add an extra check for this case, to count sending prisoner back as releasing him.

UltimateTobi

I'd say more like an unintended side effect.
You're supposed to Release prisoners, if you don't want them.
Also hovering the mouse over a target on the World map shows you what it does.

But I agree they shouldn't enslave their own unless they were already a slave.
Your generic Steam user.

BlackHunter

Well hovering says "give as a gift (+12)", gifting their member back doesnt exactly mean selling him into slavery. And I know that I supposed to release him, most players would do, but heck, why not? Also, kindly sending incapacitated (for long) prisoner back to his faction using pods (well or at caraven maybe, I didnt test that, maybe it counts as slavery selling too)  seems like the only way to do so.

zizard

The loading screen tips imply you should be able to do this. If unintended it should be clarified that "giving" a prisoner back to his faction doesn't count pods.

<li>You can give prisoners as gifts. Giving a prisoner back to his own faction will be highly appreciated.</li>
      <li>You can use transport pods to send gifts directly to other factions' bases - even your enemies. This improves faction relations.</li>

Tynan

You can definitely send prisoners back to their faction and you get special bonuses for it.

It should not create the 'prisoner sold' thought, for reasons OP noted.

And of course his bed should no longer belong to him.

Will address, thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog